Monday, February 21, 2011

Flash Fiction Fill-in

Since PB is out of communication this week, and since I managed to say, "I'll do it!" first (and feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong) I am going to post a challenge for this week.

Flash Fiction Friday Challenge for 02-25-2011

Picture courtesy of my ramblings on the Internet. Source unremembered, title and creator unknown.

Your challenge this Friday, 02-25-2011, is to use the picture above to write a flash fiction of exactly 200 words ('cause I'm a stinker). To further add complications, please fill in the Mad-Lib below and use that phrase in your writing:

"...[A FEELING] grew in her..."

As usual, nobody's checking word counts (really, because I can't count and can't be arsed to try), or the key phrase (because I complain about it so much it would be hypocritical), but you only cheat yourself if you break the rules. I don't give spankings; I will merely voice my disappointment in you in such a way as to make you feel far worse. Far, far worse.

Because I'm not PB and I don't have a little gadget for the collection of the links, please tell me you're doing this so I can link to you. I'll probably make the rounds of the usual suspects at some point just to see if anyone else even bothered, but you'll be up first if you let me know before Friday. Or on Friday. I'll update the list if you tell me at some point that you did it and give me a link. Definitely give me a link though, because otherwise I'll be in the unfortunate position of not knowing who you are.

You could link back here if you wanted, but if you do that, please be sure to link to PB as well, because it's his baby. Please see last week's entry for an example of how it works when PB, who is like unto a god about this, works his magic, rather than yours truly, a humble substitute. Any questions, let me know.

The Flash Fiction Friday FAQ is also the link you should visit if you're new to the whole FFF thing and have questions. But if you have further questions, don't ask PB because he doesn't have time this week. Direct questions my way, lexinaughtygirly[AT]gmail.com. I won't guarantee good answers, but then when have I ever guaranteed that?

I am merely channeling PB this week. Any errors, problems, etc. are my fault, not his. Any compliments should go to him.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lexi!

I'll play.

http://wordwytch.wordpress.com is the link.

Rozewolf

Naughty Lexi said...

See, all the cool people are playing :) Peer pressure! Peer pressure!

Advizor54 said...

I'm not one of the cool people, but I'll play if some one picks me for their team.

http://advizortoall.blogspot.com/

Naughty Lexi said...

Yeah, I sat at the uncool kids table in high school too, but throw off your past and embrace the fact that joining in for FFF makes you cooler than everyone else.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Cool people eh? Gads... Not only did I sit with all the nerds and geeks, we called ourselves the Deviants and no one understood the joke except us. Oh well. This should be fun.

Naughty Lexi said...

I didn't even eat in the cafeteria, so "table" is an expression for me rather than a physical reality. I ate with the rejects outside, year-round. I have never courted popularity. That's what makes us so damn cool ;)

David said...

I'd love to play along if there is room at the table

Naughty Lexi said...

Of course you can. Honestly, the size of the FFF crowd has dwindled to the point where I worry sometimes that it will soon be down to just me.

Max said...

I'll be playing.

http://mystic-satyr.blogspot.com/

Max

Naughty Lexi said...

Great! We've got a quorum now ;)

Anonymous said...

And my post is up.

As for that 'table', never did get to sit at it. Couldn't eat outside because it's too damn cold part of the time. However, I got really good about grabbing a bit on the run. LOL.

Can't wait to see everyone's story.

Naughty Lexi said...

Oh, we were in the entryway, rain or shine, wind or cold or sleet or nastiness. When it got warmer "cooler" people would eat outside too, but we were there every damn day. Eating standing up represent, yo! ;)