Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm On Vacation

No, I'm not. What I'm on is something bizarre. Sveta and I are booking a hotel room (cheap, cheap hotel room) about halfway between us (and about half the money from each, something which absolutely kills me because damn it, I want to be able to treat my girlfriend, but I'm fucking poor). She has class, I have work. But if we're halfway between, the commute is manageable.

So we're going to be domestic. In a cheap room with no ability to be terribly domestic. But we'll both go do our separate things, then come "home" and be homebodies.

I'm not totally sure why we both think this is a good idea. It's probably not. We'll probably be exhausted by it. But there are a number of days where neither of us have anything to do, and we'll be together on those days. We don't plan to spend every second we're together making love. It may happen, but we'd like to try a bit of romance. Watching movies, going out, holding hands because no one knows us, all that good shit.

So anyway, I'm happier than I have been in a while. I'm also probably going to be somewhat incommunicado for a few days. We'll have some internet, but I may not have the interest in doing anything online when I can be with her. You might understand why. Anyway, I may answer emails, I will try to write a Flash Fiction Friday, and beyond that, don't expect too much. It's not that I don't love you all, but sometimes you have to take a break. Or at least pretend to be taking a break. I'll be working just as hard.

I'm not sure what you call it. Just for the love of God don't use the word "staycation." I hate that word. We're taking a break from some of the crap of life to be together. We wanted to be on our own. It is what it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling happier. Have a fun time. Hugs!

Max said...

I think it's a great idea. Enjoy!

France said...

Sometimes, these can be the best vacations! Just vegging out, doing normal stuff, waking up really late, a stroll hand in hand, a nap, etc. Who cares if the walls are cardboard-covered? Enjoy. :)

Naughty Lexi said...

@TemptingSweets: I'm glad too. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

@Max: It was the best we could do, so while there were better ideas mooted, this was the one we could afford and make work.

@France: I haven't seen the room yet, so I'm not sure whether they'll be cardboard-covered or not. I hope we'll at least get paper-thin plaster and wallpaper ;)

@Topaz: I'm really sorry; I hit the wrong button and suddenly your comment vanished because Blogger apparently doesn't believe in undos or confirmation. Stupid fucking Blogger. I didn't mean to delete it, and please don't hate me :)

Topaz said...

Haha, no worries, just glad you're off and enjoying yourself.