Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TM Fuckin' I

Exhausted. Can't really talk or think about it right now, but I have to keep blogging because otherwise I'll get out of the habit and then goodbye to that form of expression. So instead, TMI, damn it. Oh, and fuck you Blogger: I don't like the new interface, I hate the new post editor and haven't used it since you brought it out because it produces non-standard code which doesn't allow paragraph tags (fucking paragraph tags, the basis of pretty much everything on the web, or at least they should be), and just basically go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut. Yeah Lexi, tell us how you really feel. That's probably more TMI than you expected from me, huh?

1. “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours”…What is it that you will show me?
Scars. Physical if I like you. Mental if I love you. I don't have many of the former; I don't scar easily. The latter... that's a different story.
2. What was the last thing you regret buying?
I honestly can't remember buying anything I could regret right now. I haven't bought anything which wasn't totally mundane and everyday in a long time.
3. How happy are you? 1 = not happy at all to 5 = very happy
Right now? I'm half 2, half 5. 2 for others. 5 somewhat selfishly. I can't really explain my reasoning in this because it's too long and unpleasant, but I am both the happiest I've been in a long time and also pretty unhappy about a lot of things.
4. Last night, what did you go to bed thinking about?
Sveta. Aw, sweet, right? Yeah, more worry than love, I'm afraid, although the worry was inspired by the fact that I love her so I worry.
5. Tell us something that made you happy this past week or made you think, “that’s cool!”
I had falafel. Good falafel. It made me kind of happy.
Bonus: What is your favorite mark of punctuation? Why?
I love the tilde because I have no idea what it's used for and have never used it. I'm quite fond of the @ sign simply because it's a fun thing to write. But for pure and everyday love of usage, I'd have to go with the humble but underused semicolon; it's versatile and it makes it really easy to write run-on sentences that somehow still seem like they might be proper usage, at least in an overly-academic context. Like just then.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the new interface..."hated it.."

I have not had good falafel in a very long time...now I want...

I get what you mean by the happy/not happy...it's a tough spot but not as tough as totally unhappy. Hope things look up for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for wailiin' on the new Blogger interface. I did that in a blog post the second day it was unveiled. It takes my double time to do a simple TMI post because teh coding doesn't work. I'm constantly fixed the formatting. It fuckin' pisses me off! Why am I using the new interface, there is not choice when setting up a new blog. I had to start putting my TMI Tuesday posts at a new home and it automatically conforms to the new interface with no choice to use the old. :(

____________________

3. I was hoping you'd feel better after your little domestic getaway.

5. I loooove falafel.

Bonus: That was fun :) Love that you picked the tilde.

I have used the tilde many times. It goes over the letter "N" in some Spanish words so that one knows that the letter "N" has a "nya" sound. For example: ano (year) is not Ah-no but an-yo. There's a tilde over the "N" but I don't have a keyboard that lets me do that.

-H

My TMI Tuesday is here:
http://kinkygent.blogspot.com

Advizor54 said...

You are not allowed to lose this 'form of expression' since you wont tell us the address of the theater you perform in. Nope, not allowed, you must blog to keep us happy. Well, at least to keep me happy:

:)

In your honor, I am going to get a falafel for lunch.

And I hate the new blogger interface too.

France said...

I like ~ too. For me, they are just a more feminine and fancy hyphen. How's that? :)

Naughty Lexi said...

I don't hate the new interface as much as I hate the post editor, which isn't really new, but the new interface comes with the post editor in tow. The interface I can take or leave. Seriously though, a post editor which doesn't produce W3C compliant code? Come on Google. Give me a fucking break.

@Kenny: Good falafel is hard to find, but so worth it. And yes, I'd rather be happy some ways than no ways ;)

@Hedone: I'm thinking of trying out Microsoft Live Writer as an alternative, because it handles Blogger blogs and produces code which is happier, or so my limited experience tells me. Still, unhappy.

I am feeling better, strangely. Also worse. It's a mixed bag.

And the tilde above Spanish Ns makes the N an eñe, which is a word I love saying. It's a diacritical tilde, which is also fun to say. But I'm still not sure what the hell one does with a nondiacritical tilde outside of mathematics.

@Advizor: Okay, okay, I'm blogging, I'm blogging ;)

@France: Oooh, a chick hyphen ;) Or perhaps I should say ;P~~~

Anonymous said...

Heeheehee. A chick hypen, I love it.

Today a new mark in punctuation has been born. Thanks France.

-H