Wednesday, September 15, 2021

TMI Relationships and Self

Is falling in love effortless?

I don't think so. You have to figure out whether it's happened, for one. But that might just be me. I've never felt like it was "falling" in love as much as it was "blossoming" in love. You have to nurture the blossom. That's precious, but it's the best analogy I can think of.

Is your significant other most like your mom or your dad?

Sveta's more like Dad. They're both smart but less annoying about it. Mom and I... well, see next answer.

Which parent do you identify with most?

My mom, oddly enough I guess, since she's decidedly not like my in many ways.

What one thing are you lacking that you believe will make your life run smoother?

Holy shit money money money. I'm sorry, I'm really not dropping hints about my plans to join OnlyFans or something (I promise, I will never charge money for this blog even if it seemed like it might actually be worth money to someone), but anyone who can't honestly say that money would make their lives run more smoothly is either lying to you or needs to be taxed heavily. I'm not talking about millions of dollars, I'm just saying that if I have a steady income which would keep me and Sveta and those we love from suffering from lack of money, that would make a lot of things run more smoothly.

Which is sexier: constantly pushing the boundaries or playing by the rules?

I'm not sure either are sexy. There's a difference between being adventurous and pushing boundaries. Boundaries should be respected, sexually. But by the same token, playing by the rules isn't particularly sexy either. I'm probably more attracted to safer people at this point in my life, but that doesn't mean I find safe sexy, it just means I prefer it to the alternative.

Do you think confessions make a relationship stronger?

I think good relationships don't involve things which, when confessed, would hurt the relationship. Obviously that's an ideal. I don't think confessing something which will hurt your partner or damage the relationship is necessarily going to make that relationship stronger, which seems almost tautological when I type it out like that, huh? If you're confessing things which you'd never told anyone else, but which aren't things that will hurt the relationship, it can make things stronger, but by the same token it can start to feel like you're holding each other's secrets hostage for the relationship. I don't know. I know I've made some relationships stronger by revealing aspects of myself, but I'm not sure that's "confession."

If you could change one law of your country, what would it be?

Incest legalized. No, probably not actually. I'd probably do the right thing and give us socialized medicine. But legal incest would be tempting.

Are you a starter or a finisher?

Starter. I mean, assuming we don't mean in bed. I feel like I've answered this one before.

How do Mondays feel for you? What about Tuesdays?

My life doesn't tend to care overly about what day of the week it is, so Mondays often feel like just another day to me.

What scares you about your future?

The level of uncertainty. Anyone who says anything else is selling something.

What do you wish you cared less about?

Appearances. I wish I were less shallow and influenced by mass media. This isn't a selfless wish either; I wish I could be attracted to more people more easily because I want to have as large a pool of potential partners as possible thank you kindly.

No comments: