Tuesday, December 6, 2016

TMI Tuesday

From the vaults comes another not terribly sexy one. You can end this by sending me questions.

1. What do you collect?

Books. I've cut back on them because even when I can afford them, we don't have space for them. So I've started collecting digital books. I basically collect data of all stripes. I catalog and hoard it, but it doesn't do anything but fill up my hard drive.

2. What do you do for fun?

Sex. Read. Watch things. I wish I did more creative things for fun. I guess I write this stuff for fun.

3. Name a place that’s fun for you to visit but you wouldn’t want to live there.

Most places I've visited have made me feel that way. I'm not much of a tourist, and most places where one goes to tourist are great to visit but not to live. And some places I've visited and lived and can't recommend either.

4. Do you believe in revenge?

No. I believe in justice.

If I were a Hollywood heroine, that line would be badass.

5. Do you believe in forgiveness and do you forgive and forget?

I think people make too much of forgive and forget. I think forgiveness is absolutely vital, but you shouldn't forget. If someone wrongs you, even if you should forgive them, that doesn't mean you pardon them. Forgiveness is for you. Their actions can still carry consequences.

For instance, a lot of people break up after one partner cheats because the other partner can't forgive them. But to me, you can totally forgive someone and still recognize that they cheated on you and you don't want to be with them. They should break up, but the hurt partner shouldn't hate the cheater. Forgiveness isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card. It's letting go of hate.

6. Are you religious? spiritual? Atheist?

I'm smart enough to know that I'll never know whether there's a God, but I like to hope there might be. At the same time, most days I'm pretty sure there isn't. I'm not atheist or agnostic. I'm not religious. Maybe spiritual?

But in the subject, did you know that God exists and Her name is Eris?

Little joke for the Legions of Thud.

Bonus: What’s your routine every night just before you go to sleep?

Lie down, try unsuccessfully to sleep for an hour, give up, get up, kill time, realize it's dawn, try to sleep again, possibly make it at some point when normal people are just getting up to go to work. Rinse, repeat.

No comments: