Friday, May 14, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Them

Welcome to my first foray into the world of Flash Fiction Friday.  We'll see how this goes. 

“Ain’t no vampire ants gonna get me,” she said, her voice betraying nothing. “Shit no, I’m fuckin’ ready for ‘em.”

“Vampire ants, darling?” he asked her, already sorry he’d inquired in the first place.

Then they fucked, peremptorily, almost as a matter of course. There was nothing wrong with foreplay, but how could he tell a country girl that her fantasies had nothing of the realistic quality that he so craved.

If she had etched the cross into the lens, that would have worked, he thought grimly as he entered her. No one takes pride in their craft any more.  

11 comments:

CeCe said...

This is such a fascinating post! I've read it like five times trying to glean meaning.

Naughty Lexi said...

Oh dear, I've been unintentionally deep. Mea culpa. I really wasn't trying to be. It was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw the photo this week.

CeCe said...

Lol, okay. How about we blame it one my obsession with vampires instead of you being accidentally deep?

By the way I'm not obsessed with Twilight. That book/movie series is absurd. I just love vampire stories/movies. Was Dracula 2000's Dracula not so sexy??

People who obsees over Twilight were probably 8 years old when that movie came out.

An a different note, I'm typing this on my phone cause I'm out at the wild hare in chicago. If you were here, you'd surely find a new playmate. There's just something about bodies swaying to reggae music...

Naughty Lexi said...

Vampires used to be scary. Now people either want to be 'em or do 'em, and neither of those options appeals to me, honestly. Plus I'm in love with Boris Karloff. What can I say; I've never been accused of being normal.

I wish I were young enough at heart to be out clubbing. As it is, the thought kind of makes my head hurt. So have twice the fun for me, okay?

The Panserbjørne said...

Welcome to the group! A most interesting offering to start out. I think I'll be glad you're with us. Hope to see more in the future.

-- PB

Diable Incarne said...

Interesting and amusing submission. Welcome to FFF.

I believe Anne Rice redefined the modern day Vampire and the entire genre with her first Lestat book. The 'Twilight' series is annoying drivel, dripping with teen age angst and cheese. 'True Blood' is a little more interesting, but still something of a soap opera.


Happy Friday.
HimSelf

lila said...

what an interesting take! welcome to FFF. :)

netsfan_44 said...

I also read it 3 times ... excellent job ! (and a vampire-halic)

Naughty Lexi said...

Thanks everyone. Good to be here.

Luna Mauvaise said...

Warm welcomes to FFF!

Anonymous said...

woot! I didn't know you'd joined!! huzzah!

vampire ants...them's be tricksy!