Thursday, December 23, 2010

Catching Up With the Joneses

I remember promising, way back when, that I would have some updates on the cast of characters in my crazy little life. That was probably back in November when I was making promises I couldn't possibly keep. Or keeping promises I should never have made in the first place. Or going crazy. One or more of those.

Anyway, even though it's coming up on Christmas and I'll have a bunch of things to say on that score as well, here's the updates on various persons of interest.

Sveta is finally done with finals and home. Since it's an official leave of absence, she can't spend it all at my place, which is too bad. Still, we have high hopes for Christmas frivolity and joyousness. She's about as tuckered out as I am, poor dear; both our brains were tapioca when I brought her home from college, so very little happened worth reporting, which is why I haven't really reported it.

My parents are my parents. Dad's been working pretty hard too, as has Mom, so we've been seeing less of each other this past month or two. But we've got some time off all together, and looking forward to that. I have a sneaking suspicion that they might celebrate a bit more physically with Sveta and I this year; I have hopes of a three-way pileup on Dad, which isn't unprecedented but is certainly rare.

Mari is doing okay, but we never see her. That makes me a bit sad when I think about it. Still, she said she'd call and talk to us on Christmas for an extended period, since we've all got free long distance now. It makes me wish we had a speaker phone so we could all talk at once. I'm hoping she calls when Sveta is here so they can meet, even if only over the phone.

Sheri is still holding down her high-paying job that makes me hate her just a little bit for always wanting to quit. We had a tiff recently, nothing major but some unpleasant things were said and phones were hung up in a huff and so forth. These things happen. I don't mind admitting I'm jealous of her sometimes, but not because I want her to do poorly, more like I wish I were doing better. Ah well.

She's still fucking her boss, and probably has other bits of fun on the side. I sometimes worry a little bit about how profligate she is with her body, but she hasn't had any problems yet, and I'm hardly one to talk. Maybe I'm a bit jealous of all the action she gets, doing all the things I wish I had the balls to do.

Mike has a job. It's not a good job, but it's a job. He's of course not within easy travel of us, because God or karma has apparently dictated that my family will never be able to be together for the holidays again. Still, I harbor a secret hope that he might make the trip down, if only to take advantage of Sveta being here to get some hot teen lovin' while the getting's good.

I can't believe he doesn't have a steady girlfriend in his new digs, but according to him he doesn't have one. He claims not to have such high standards as I have, but I don't think that's true; I think he has lower standards for sex, but higher for relationships. But then he's never been one to get into long-term relationships at all; he's quite similar to Sheri in that way, except she doesn't even go looking for them, whereas his never work out. He claims he can't find a girl who wants anal. I told him he's not looking hard enough.

I've been invited to Kate's New Year's Eve bash again, with instructions to bring Sveta or Mike or anyone else I know who's fun. I was initially rather skeptical because I didn't really want to deal with the jerks who are Kate's friends again, but Kate said she would make it worth my while if I showed up. Not sure what that means, but it's tempting. We'll have to see on that.

Pam is showing. The last time I saw her, she had this adorable Buddha belly that I just wanted to kiss until my lips wore out. Sadly, it was not in a situation where that would have been okay, so I had to contain myself and whisper my desires in her ear, which made her giggle and blush. Still no word on plans for the future with Kirk, but they're not breaking up anyway, and he hasn't fled for the hills from responsibility. Maybe I'll invite them to Kate's party...

Oh, yeah, Gwen keeps making noises about me going to visit her. I haven't had time to think about it, but Sveta is on the way to Gwen, so I could go visit Sveta (and take advantage of her offer of a threesome with her boy toy) and then keep going to Gwen's. Could be fun, if I can ever get the cash and the time.

Uncle Sam is doing fine too, although we don't expect to see him for a while. Indications were made that perhaps we might see him on his way to somewhere else in February. Dunno. Aunt Jenny is not doing well at all; we're worried about her. We were going to visit, but things went south. Maybe when Uncle Sam shows up, we'll all caravan to see Aunt Jenny. I think she'd like to see us, even if she's doing so poorly that she can't really enjoy it.

And that, said the cat, is that. Unless I've forgotten someone, in which case, let me know and I'll include them. These people, by the way, can all be found in the cast list over there on the right if you have no idea what I'm talking about, or you can click on the labels for most of them to catch up if you're so inclined.

Now, all I have left over from my extended period of business is filling everyone in on the brief moments of fun I had at work. But that'll probably have to wait until after Christmas... and then I probably will just keep on waiting until I forget about it completely.

No comments: