Tuesday, June 27, 2017

TMI Tuesday

From the archives:

1. At work, what sets you apart from others?

I'm a girl.  It's not that there are no women in my field, but where I work, I'm the only woman in the "department" as it were.  I've been the only woman in plenty of technical theater situations.  Not many gals do set building, and I've done that.  More gals do lighting, but it's still a very masculine field.  I'm doing some sound now too (albeit basic, basic stuff) and that's still a man's world.  Don't get me wrong; I've met plenty of women who do what I do, but where I'm working, it's guys and me.  Some of the best coworkers I've had have been women, and I'm always heartened to meet women who do tech because it's not an easy road.

I no longer work in computers primarily, but that, too, was a very man-heavy occupation.  Salute to my sisters in programming.  Nil carborundum.

2. When it comes to sex appeal, what sets you apart from others?

My easiness?  My red hair?  My height?  I can think of other people who have those attributes and if anything put me to shame.  I don't know.  It seems egotistical to give myself compliments this way.  I can fuck the chrome off a trailer hitch too, but that's not really "sex appeal" as much as it is "sex."

3. What are the big imbalances in your life?

Sleep.  Health.  Money.  My brain chemistry.  I could go on.  My life is one big imbalance.

4. What is it that your family and close friends cannot do that only you can do?

Computer stuff.  I run rings around 'em.  Sveta's not computer-illiterate or anything, but that's my wheelhouse in the family.  Which means I get asked all the dumb questions.  Hooray.

Also, I can stretch my pinkie toes out really wide.  If I had webbed feet, I could make swim fins with my toes.  Doesn't come up much though.

5. Are you flexible enough?

No.  I'm not really that flexible.  Tall people's joints and tendons and so forth, I guess.  I used to be slightly more flexible in my misspent yoot, but even then I was hardly a gymnast.  People assume that because I'm adventurous in bed that I must be lithe, but I'm really quite clumsy when you get down to it, and I can't bend my legs over my head or do splits.  I can't even touch my toes.  I remember once I pulled something being too enthusiastic during an awkward sex position and I had to stop.

Bonus: What was the best news you received in 2016?

Probably my current job.  That's a low bar, because my current job is great but far from ideal.  But 2016 wasn't a great year for me.  2017 isn't shaping up so great either.

No comments: