Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Panties in a Bunch

I needed some new general-wear panties. Attrition and loss and possibly theft (sometimes it seems like someone must be stealing them, otherwise where the hell are they going) had depleted my stocks. I'm not talking about the exciting ones, or even ones I might actually go shopping for; I'm talking the panties I wear to work, the daily-rotation panties, the ones I buy in bulk from the big box store. Maybe not bulk, but you get the idea.

So I went to the store to pick up some, and they didn't have the brand I like. Big deal, thought I naively, I'll just buy the brand they have.

Wrong. Either I've lost weight (and I don't think that's true) or the sizes are different, because the panties I wound up with are baggy. And in bikini cut, that's not something to take lightly. But I'm poor, and no one is supposed to see these (people sometimes see them, but that's not according to plan) so I soldiered through and waited for the time when I'd find the brand I liked again.

It took me too long, but finally I found them, or so I thought. So I bought two bags, plenty enough, at a price that I find more and more ridiculous as I get poorer. Seriously, underwear cost too damn much. Topic for another time, or indeed another blog that I don't have. Anyway, I bought them and tossed them in the laundry, and a few days ago had cause to do a load and so wound up with fresh new panties.

Except these panties are no good at all. I thought they were the same things; they came in the same label, in the same number, by the same company. I should clearly have been paying closer attention. These panties aren't cotton. They're some weird synthetic blend, which means they stretch. A lot. I could probably pull the leg holes open wide enough to fit both my legs through one hole. The waistline rides up to my belly button when I work and gives me horrible wedgies, and I can't seem to get them to stop turning into thongs.

So I've been wearing the remnants of my everyday-rotation stash and some other panties which are more comfortable but more exciting, and dreading the day when I bend over without thinking and expose something exciting to my coworkers. They'd notice. I may be one of the guys, but they'd notice.

I'm going to get all old for a moment and ask why the hell the things I like have to change? Why can't they just keep the panties that I find comfortable the same? Huh? Okay, putting my walker and blue hair dye away. Now I'm faced with the annoying prospect of having to buy a number of pairs of underwear without knowing whether they'll be any good in order to find another kind which will undoubtedly disappear as soon as I find them. And you can't try on underwear, no ma'am. So that's money. Hooray. Or I can buy the more expensive kind that yes, I do like more, but which cost as much for one pair as I can get two or three in bulk. Hooray.

I'm sure you all wanted to hear about this. But it's been on my mind.

In exchange for listening to me rant about panties, here's me in panties.

Panties etc.

Whose hand is it? Well it could be anyone's. I'll leave it up to your imagination.

6 comments:

Advizor54 said...

What you need is someone who loves shopping to go with you. Let me know if Tuesday works for you....

But, in sympathy, I found some great work slacks, simple, stain resistant, professional looking, yet not $100 work slacks. I love them. After 3 months on the 1st two pairs, I decided to go back and get more of the same but in different colors. At my office no one is getting rewarded for creativity in slacks.

Same number, same brand, same price, almost totally different pants. AAAAAAGGGHHHH.

I'll see you in the panty aisle.

Anonymous said...

Lexi,
I'm a large, semi-muscular male, and I have the same problem with buying underwear. And it blows. What I do is, I buy one of the smallest pack they have for a test. If they fit well, then I go back and buy as many pairs as I can afford. It still winds up costing more than it should, which is, I'm guessing, the point.
Also, I'm imagining that's *my* hand. ;)

- Papa Bear

H said...

Great topic, there is something erotic about a sexy woman talking about her panties..... and I am willing to bet they are being stolen :)

Naughty Lexi said...

@Advizor: No, what I need is someone who loves to give me a lot of money. But that would solve more than just my panties problems ;) I just don't understand why some things need to change. It doesn't seem like the panties (or slacks for that matter) technology has really improved that much in the year since I last bought them.

@Papa Bear: That's basically what I do, only this time I assumed that, same package, same brand, all that, I could just buy more of the same. Wrong. Ah well. And if you want it to be your hand, that's fine by me ;)

@Anon: I swore that I wasn't going to use this blog as a revenue opportunity. And it's not like I don't have something to wear; I just don't have as many general-purpose panties as I'd like. If I were taking up a collection, I'd want to buy more exciting things ;)

@H: But who's stealing them, I wonder?

Sexy Notes said...

Hi Lexi,

Here's an idea... sell your current stash of panties (the ones you don't like)... I'm sure there's plenty of fans on here that are willing to pay for your panties. ;) Then, you'll have the money to buy the ones you do like (once you find them). Think of it as a win-win panty exchange program. Fans get what they want and you gt what you want! :)

Let me know where I should send the money!

Naughty Lexi said...

Not that I'm not flattered, but why would anyone want to pay money for panties I don't like? I guess I've never seen the point of owning other people's panties. As a trophy perhaps, but just buying them off me? A lot of people seem to think that I should turn this blog into a way to pay for underwear though. Rest assured, I won't be asking for money from anyone, ever. I promise. If I were to figure out a way to get rid of my used panties, I'd do it for free ;)