Monday, May 23, 2011

Reasons for Futher Craziness

First off, I find it somewhat of a delightful coincidence that I posted my 666th post the night of the Rapture-That-Wasn't. I have no time for Rapture-That-Wasn't jokes, but it was interesting that it should work out that way.

Second, for those who might have been wondering, Sveta hasn't died or left me. She told the powers that be that she was getting out of school later than she actually was because she wanted to stay for Ernst's graduation and she knew they wouldn't approve. She'll be coming home next week, which is fine because she told them she wasn't getting out until June so she'll be spending a few days at home, then going to the place her biological parent makes her live. There really should be a better term for all this. She'll be visiting me while her father and step-mother believe she's still taking finals.

But then she has to live with them, despite that fact that she's miserable there and they would probably actually love to get rid of her. But if she's under their roof, they can do what they want. I try hard not to hate people, particularly people I haven't met, but I'm on the fence.

She's getting a summer job. Or at least she's going to try. She wants to save up money for the inevitable time when she's no longer able to rely on family support. It's a miracle they're paying her way through college really.

When I last talked to her, she was pretty bummed out about Ernst leaving; he lives a pretty fair distance away, although it's definitely visitable. I hope he wants to visit, because they were pretty close (close hell, she's given him everything he could ask for). I told them both that I'd be happy to give him a place to stay and she could come over to the house to be with him as much as possible if he was there. I want them to be happy, and if I get a little action out of it, so much the better.

But at least for the first part of the summer, I will be doing something really stupid. I have several jobs to do, but... I auditioned for a part at a new theater and got cast. Yes, I will be appearing on stage. Haven't done that in a while. It doesn't pay, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) but it's a large sector of lines to memorize and a big chunk of time. I wouldn't do it except that I really love the play and never thought I'd get this role. I know the director and some of the other actors, but I've never worked at this theater before, so we'll see how it goes. Needless to say, this will probably cut into my free time a bit, but only for a while. I should have some time during the summer to take a bit of a break, I hope.

In other news, I saw Pam the other day (I haven't mentioned her much because I haven't seen her recently, so if you're confused about who she is, check out her topic). She's getting really close; she looks incredibly pregnant, past glowing and into exploding. She was wearing a dress that didn't flatter, so I can't say whether she's still a hot preggo or not, but I assume she is. She and Kirk, being the liberal youngsters they are, still have no plans to get married, which I guess I'm okay with since it's not like marriage fixes things. I really, really hope he's not planning on skipping out on his responsibilities as a father.

Nothing was offered, and I would have had to refuse anyway because I was busy, but I keep hoping that maybe I'll get one more time with a pregnant woman before she delivers. What can I say: I'm a sucker for preggos. But if not, I hope everything goes well. She promised to keep me informed.

Sorry that this is sort of an update post, but hey, things need to be kept up to date.

No comments: