Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Free Fiction Friday - Challenge for 04/22/2011

A number of people have asked me now whether or not I'm going to do a Flash Fiction this Friday, since PB is indisposed. The problem is, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to fill his shoes. He does Flash Fiction Friday, I love that he does and how he does it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I also want to write something this Friday. So I thought I'd take the opportunity of a week off to do something non-Flash-Fiction-y. Of course, now I've got people wanting to play along.

So I've decided to compromise.

Picture by Unknown Artist

Your challenge and mine this week will be to write something not less than 500 words long. Yeah, that's right, 500 words or more. You can use this fun picture from my collection as a jumping-off point, or as a sole focus, or you can ignore it completely and substitute your own picture, or you can just ignore me completely and write the technical specifications of a complex piece of engineering.

I'll be happy to collect participants if you let me know you're participating, or just participate for the hell of it.

And at the time of this posting, I haven't written anything yet, so I'm not just setting this challenge to something I've already fulfilled.

See you Friday!

No comments: