Friday, August 12, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday - Purple Prose

Thrust by Seth Aronson

The light was stained lilac by the neon glow of the sleazy hotel next door as we fucked. He pushed me into the cushions with his weight, driving deep into me. Across the alley, a prostitute and her client were visible in silhouette, and it was almost like we were a foursome, divided by geography. Maybe they looked at us too. Maybe I was the only one looking. Then their light clicked off, his thrusts became more insistent, and I was alone in the purple-tinged darkness.


Just one this week, and very little post-game commentary either. Disappointing, I know, but I've had some things on my mind. But you can salve your hurt by visiting Flash Fiction Friday headquarters and checking out all the other entries.

But now, my joke entry for this week, which I couldn't stop thinking about but didn't actually want to dignify with status. Doubtless you'll all like it better than the actual entry. C'est la vie.


"Captain’s Log – Stardate 1455.8: The people of Sigma Tau III have been quite hospitable to us. The natives do have one curious feature: purple-hued skin. Dr. McCoy was able to establish that this is not in fact a genetic trait but rather a sexually transmitted disease. He is confident that a cure could be effected.

"Personal Supplement: must remember to requisition more makeup to hide my growing purple spots until the good doctor can fulfill his confidence. Crew morale is important, and none of them were allowed shore-leave."


I really just wanted to make a "captain's log" joke.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - impressive! Keep those logs commin'!

Smiles,
SLx

Naughty Lexi said...

Hey, come on, "captain's log" is a funny phrase. You couldn't resist either ;)

Anonymous said...

maybe we can find someone to do an audio of it in a Captain Kirk voice...

Naughty Lexi said...

Captain's... log STARDATE... Fourteen FiftyFIVE... point eight... I had SEX... with a purple woman SPOCK! Oh... God now I'm turning... purple... Bones, status... report?

Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not an interior decorator.

Fascinating, Captain. You appear to be going all Violet Beauregard on us.

I... DON'T want to turn... into a blueberry SPOCK!

Captain, the engines, they cannae take nae more.

Shut... UP Scotty... Scotty... Scotty... do you HAVE... any dilithium condoms for... our... next... mission?

Advizor54 said...

James T. Kirk got more intersteller action than the entire cast of Star Wars combined. That is why the original Star Trek is, and always will be, the premire series.

I like both takes, I stayed at a hotel where the neon sign outside our window turned our room red and blue, 2 seconds at a time, all night long.

Naughty Lexi said...

Yes, because the measure of a good series is whether or not the cast is gettin' some ;) Come on, there's no implied incest in Star Trek, whereas Luke and Leia... yeah, I think the Force is strong in that direction. Can you tell I'm a Star Wars fan?

And were I in a hotel like that, I'd close the damn curtains ;)

Red said...

Great story playing on the erotic power of voyeurism. I love it when the word count is set low on FFF, we get some great erotic snapshots like this.

And yes, that second story is genius!

Naughty Lexi said...

Genius eh? Okay, I'll take it ;)

Max said...

You apologize for giving us one, and yet there are two! The first one is great, and Captain's Log is *hilarious* and absolutely perfect!

Happy FFF!

Naughty Lexi said...

Technically speaking, I never apologized, I merely said I knew it was disappointing ;) Glad you weren't too disappointed.

shattermeagain said...

Nice
=)

Word said...

Ah,.... Purple Prose, Captain's Log.... I thought it was great! BTW, I have a book of limericks and there are about 20 Star Trek ones. I'll see if I can find them for you.

Naughty Lexi said...

Ooh, sounds like fun ;)

Topaz said...

Hahahaha! I love the Star Trek take on the purple skin. And I'll never hear 'Captain's Log' quite the same way ever again...

Naughty Lexi said...

Of course, in Next Gen, it'd have to be First Officer's Log, wouldn't it ;)

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! Loved the Captain's log.

Enjoyed the story, too. Fave line: "... it was almost like we were a foursome, divided by geography."

Naughty Lexi said...

It's the feeling I was going for, but I'm still not totally sure I couldn't have done a better job expressing it. Ah well; glad you enjoyed it :)