Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TMI Randomness

Because I like random questions. Also, because I'm kinda busy this week, and getting busier. From the TMI blog via HEDONE.

1. When you go to a party, would you rather show up accidentally underdressed or overdressed?
That's actually a really good question. Underdressed (not undressed, which was my first impulse) is annoying because I look like a slob, but overdressed is annoying because I might be called on to participate in activities for which I'm overdressed, like swimming or volleyball or something. Either way, I'd stand out, and I don't like standing out at parties. I guess I usually avoid the whole thing by not going to parties, but in the case of having to make a decision, I guess I'll go with overdressed, because I clean up nicely and I'd rather people thought I was overdressed than a slob.
2. What is something you have won and how did you win it?
I won a history award in high school simply by being good at history. I didn't even know I was nominated, and then at graduation suddenly I got this award. It was nice, particularly because the teacher who put me in for it was a good teacher and I felt like it was his way of giving me a gift.
3. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the middle, end, or top?
I squeeze from all over until a certain point, at which I start to roll. Perhaps too late.
4. What is something your parents used to say to you that you promised yourself you would never say–but now you catch yourself saying frequently?
I think it's less a specific thing and more a general attitude. I swore I would never look down on people because they were younger, never take shortcuts around the facts, that kind of thing. And yet I do it. It's just the way of things, I suppose.
5. What 3 lies did you regularly tell your parents? If applicable, what 3 lies do you tell your parents now?
I used to lie about certain aspects of my sexual life to my parents. I know, most people do, but in this case it was different because I was lying specifically, since I talked with my parents about sex when I was growing up. I'd lie about always using a condom. I'd lie about who I was with. I've lied about other things as well. Also, I lied to them about drinking and smoking too. I still lie about some of these things, if they come up. My parents are very, very anti-tobacco, and they'd be very disappointed in me, even now, or maybe disappointed in themselves for not stopping me.
6. What is something that you intended to do today but didn’t? Why not? Will you do it tomorrow?
Wake up earlier and get some things done. I was a wreck this morning. I'm still a bit of a wreck now. I'll likely be a wreck tomorrow too, so while things may get done, they'll probably get done late.
7. What is something that people do in traffic that really bothers you?
Honking. Contrary to popular belief, cars are not equipped with disintegration beams which activate when you honk, allowing you to pass through traffic. Nor are they provided with magic speed-up beams. Basically, honking should be reserved for emergencies, scaring away deer or other animals in the road, and possibly one brief blast of frustration when someone does something extremely stupid and dangerous. That last one is something I don't like, but do anyway.
8. Whose autographs have you collected? (You can stop at five, in case you’re an autograph hound or celebrity stalker).
I don't have any autographs. I've never really met any famous people in a context of autograph.
Bonus: Where do you go to find solitude, tranquility, or connection to a higher power?
Books. I'm not being flippant.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. That's a well thought out answer. I like that! You know you could avoid the whole thing by just going with your first instinct. Go undressed :D

2. Congrats. That's cool and a nice surprise.

3. That's me, too.
Click here to learn more about YOU: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47068448@N05/6072501285/in/photostream/lightbox/

7. Interesting. I agree with what you say are the proper uses for honking.

Happy TMI Tuesday

-H

Anonymous said...

1. My first impulse was "undress", too. LOL!

Bonus: Yes, books!

Advizor54 said...

My disintegration beam hasn't worked for weeks on my car, it is soooooo frustrating.

France said...

Books are a great way to escape!

Naughty Lexi said...

@Everyone: The undressed parties are the kind I like best ;) And books. Definitely books. I didn't mention music, but that's good too. And some day they'll invent phasing technology that will simply let us drive through traffic jams by going out of sync with reality. No, wait, I'm already out of sync with reality...