Monday, June 18, 2007

I Miss Orgies

Well, it's not like I was ever having them with tremendous regularity. They're fun though.

Part of the problem is that a lot of orgies are swingers parties, and in order to be invited you kind of have to have a partner to swing with. That's one of the reasons I can think of to get married. And a lot of swingers are just too damn old; no offense to old people, but I wish I could swing with some people my own age.

I should define terms. A threesome or foursome is not really an orgy. If there are two couples it's group sex; anything more than two men to one woman becomes a gangbang, at least in my experience. More than two women to one man winds up being a guy having sex and then two lesbians on the side, again in my experience. Nothing wrong with any of that, but they aren't orgies. An orgy is a mixed group in a casual setting. A gangbang is a bunch of guys teaming up on one girl. I like gangbangs too, but they're not orgies.

In college there were a few parties which degenerated into orgies - sort of. You know, we'd all be drinking, hanging out, and things would get a little rambunctious between one or two guests, and they might start making out right in front of everyone. Sometimes we'd all just laugh and carry on like it wasn't happening (well, some of us would, and others would try to be cool about it, guys mostly, but would be like guys at a nude beach, just unable to take their eyes off it). The couple or trio might go on to sex, or they might get shy and go off somewhere. I admit, I was a member of a couple who went on to sex once without starting an orgy, and once a member of a trio who didn't really get shy, but realized that we could have more fun somewhere else.

On a rare occasion, the group was right, the alcohol (or substance) level was right, and the chemistry just clicked, and pretty soon everyone would be watching or joining in. The parties usually had to be fairly small for that to happen. Then most of the time there might be some group fucking all around, but most people would pair off and head for privacy. I can only think of twice when everyone just stayed in one room and got naked. And that's what I call a real orgy.

I think it might be more fun if it was organized, but then it might be less fun, less spontaneous. You might not have to get as lit up to participate if everyone knew what was coming, and I can see that improving the situation with the right people, but if everyone was self-conscious, it might suck the whole thing dry. Orgies aren't usually as high-speed as a gangbang; sometimes you might only fuck one or two people. Depending on the makeup of the room, gender-wise, there might not be anything but couples. Since I like double penetration, I do miss out on that in orgies. But I'm not necessarily just in it for DP.

But like I said, I can think of a handful of times when I've had anything approaching an orgy. Most of the time it was either sex in public or a hot party that dissolved into hot sex, with maybe a swap or two. So I don't really miss orgies. I wish I could have more of them.

No comments: