Monday, September 8, 2008

Not Going Well At All

Sorry guys, it's been a tough bunch of time.

My computer is dead, which means I'm typing this on a public computer, which means I can't talk about much of anything. Let's just say that my little experiment lasted longer than I expected, but I broke down when my computer broke because I was stressed out. First with myself, and then that sort of opened the floodgates. But I am more conscious of the time I spend, which means that I now no longer take as much time in the day doing things I'd really like to spend my life doing. Not a bad thing. I don't speed it up, I just realize that it's a leisure activity, and if I do that, I can't also waste time doing something else. It's helped me prioritize.

I don't know how my updating will fare while I try to get my computer situation sorted out. Probably not terribly well. Thanks to everyone who has written giving encouragement, and know that I will probably try some mini-fasts in the future. Maybe a couple of days here and there, or maybe cutting back a lot and seeing if I can completely wean myself rather than going cold turkey all at once.

No, I'm not giving it up. I'm just trying to control it rather than it controlling me.

I have to go, public computers suck. But don't worry, even if I have a hiatus here, I'll be back as soon as I can.

No comments: