Thursday, November 17, 2011

VBA Is an Award, Not a Programming Language

Yeah, I'm that much of a geek. "Visual Basic for Applications?" I thought to myself.

The Versatile Bloggers Award. You all know it. I have no idea why it involves versatility, but it's an awarded thing which makes the rounds, and while I'm not all that interested in basking in my own glory and winning awards for what I think has been not that great a time, blogging-wise, Sephi was nice enough to include me in her list, and we all like Sephi, so if Sephi says I get an award, I guess Sephi gets her way and I get an award. Notice how I never once included a "t" in that name, and how I linked to her a bunch of times? Thus, I both prevented her from killing me and also fulfilled one of the stipulations of the award, which is that I have to link back to the person who awarded it to me. And that person is Sephi. If you awarded it to me in the past and I didn't acknowledge it, I'm really sorry and let me know so I can thank you too. I have been bad at keeping up with things of late, as you know.

Step two, I'm given to understand, is listing seven things about myself. I could just tell you seven things you already know, but hey, let's be creative and see if I can't think of seven things you might not know.

  1. My middle name is a family name, comes from trees, and has two syllables. And no one spells it correctly either. And none of those clues will help you guess it, because I won't confirm or deny any guesses. I don't tell people my middle name, even if they know me well. It's like my secret magic name.
  2. I'm ticklish. I say this under advisement, because admitting that will probably mean that certain people will tickle me to death now.
  3. I can't spell. What you see here is the result of strenuous editing protocols and spell-checker use. I'm better than I used to be, but in the absence of a spell-checker my spelling goes straight to Hell.
  4. Flying bugs freak me out a little. I make other people kill wasps and bees that come near me. I can't deal with them.
  5. I am absolutely dying to hear Chevelle's new album when it comes out, and if that means I have bad taste, then I pretty much already knew that.
  6. I have an absolutely smashing idea for an April Fools prank which I never have the time or energy to execute.
  7. I don't think I read enough blogs to award 15 awards. I'm not even particularly sorry about that. Time is precious.

So I can't really accept the award because I don't have enough people to give it to, particularly since a number of my choices already have the award. I guess I'd give the award to everyone on my blogroll over there to the right. And that's not 15, counting the people who already have one.

Okay, I do feel slightly guilty. There are many wonderful blogs out there, the list of which my blogroll is a minuscule sampling. So I'm awarding this award to anyone who wants one. If you have a blog, feel free to put the following award up.

The 2011 Lexi Would Probably Like My Blog Award Banner

I know that seems like a cop-out, but I genuinely don't have enough blogs to give out an award to. I just wanted to thank Sephi for thinking I was fuckable/friendable, and that I was daring. I love you all, and you all deserve an award, even those of you who don't have blogs.

Also, because PB pointed it out, I'm on another list here. The other people on it are better than I am, but I'm pimping it because I'm on a list! I'd like to thank the Academy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! ticklish, huh? i'm going to have to think about the middle name. hmm... ;-) nice award you made.

Advizor54 said...

Congratulations on not only winning two awards this week, but for creating one of your own. Very well done. And the Academy says, "You're Welcome"