Tuesday, October 3, 2017

TMI Tuesday

You are warned: this is not a good one. This is a bad one. If you want me to stop answering inane questions, please feel free to ask some. I am responsive. I answer questions. If your question isn't right for the blog, I'll still try to answer it.

Anyhow, with that disclaimer, here, from the archive:

1. Pilates or HIIT? Why?

I would rather perform minor surgery on myself with a rusty fork than do either, frankly.  If I had to pick, pilates because it seems like it would suck slightly less.  I don't exercise.  Don't judge me.

2. Spouse or significant other-lover?

I'm a significant-other-lover all the damn time.  But I suspect this is asking me to choose between my sig-O and a lover on the side.  But as my sig-O is also my lover, I can have both, neener neener.

Okay, seriously, I am not a one-partner gal. Never have been.  I gave it a try for a bit and it didn't work, then I tried monogamy with extras and that didn't really work either.  I can commit to one person to be my life-partner (and at this point, unless things drastically change, I have) but I can't even say that they're the only person I'll fuck with love.  So if it came down to it, I'd probably pick lover.

That said, the solution is to have a partnership with someone who is okay with the idea that our love isn't the only love we have, and other loves may involve sex, but that doesn't diminish our love.  Which I have, thank you.  I'm not polyamorous either; I don't want to have multiple life-partners.  One of those, but others I care for and love and we have sex and that's okay.

3. Go clubbing or entertain friends at home?

Honestly, I don't think I've ever been clubbing.  I've been barhopping a few times, and I've been to things which might be called clubs, but I've never gone out clubbing with the gals.  Or if I have, it was under protest.  So I'd much rather entertain at home, not even mainly because home is where the bed is.  I like having people over and having a quiet evening, and it doesn't have to involve sex at all, although if it does that's great.

4. Maybach sedan or Mercedes G-class SUV

I don't give a damn about cars.  If someone is giving me one, I'll take the sedan because I don't like SUVs, but I wouldn't say no to either.  I would then proceed to drive it until it died.  I don't give a damn about cars.

5. Soccer or Golf?

Soccer all the way.  Golf is terrible.  If you like it, good for you, but while I am way past my playing soccer days, I'll watch it and enjoy it.  There was a time when I was reasonably into soccer, as much as one can be in this country.  I enjoyed scoreless draws.  I was that into it.  These days, without any means of watching games and no real desire, I don't care as much, but given the choice, I'll take soccer.

6. Basketball or baseball?

Baseball.  I also hate basketball, and it may have something to do with the fact that people always assumed I was good at it when I was younger because obviously tall = good at basketball.  I am terrible at it, and I find watching it tedious.  Baseball, like soccer, I understand that people find boring.  Sveta finds pretty much all sports boring now that she's allowed to have her own opinions on the subject.  And I get that baseball seems to lack action.  But I appreciate good defensive play.  I can get into the numbers game a little.  I won't claim to be an expert or even a fan, but there was a time when I knew a fair amount about baseball too.  If you're watching it on TV, the coverage team makes all the difference.

7. Monster or Red bull? Why?

Rancid monkey piss?  Can that be an option?  Or how about we cut to the chase and admit that you only drink this shit because you're not man enough to drink black coffee.  The caffeine is the same, dude, and black coffee is macho.

8. Office with a view or work at home?

Work at home, I guess, although I'm bad at it.  I'm not great at self-motivating at the moment.  Fortunately, my current job isn't one I could do remotely, so it's not an issue.

9. Early bird or night owl?

Is there something past night owl?  Like insomniac monkey?

10. Boyfriend or Girlfriend?

Which would I rather have, or currently have?  I mean, I guess I currently have a girlfriend, but that name's not a good one for what I have.  Life-partner is much better, and less judgmental I guess.

Which would I prefer?  I've had long-term relationships relatively rarely, and in my very limited experience, ones with women have a lot to recommend them.  I'm still fucking boys though.  I can't give up the cock.

11. Ice cream or gelato?

 Neither are my favorite.  Depends on the flavor.  And you've forgotten custard.  I don't really know that I could choose: both are fine, but I'll take a brownie over either any day.

12. Silver or gold?

Copper, bronze, or brass.  Silver and gold are both lovely, but they don't have that elemental quality.  I like iron and steel too.  But I love the color of the copper-derivatives.  And they're much more interesting historically.  There was a time when bronze was probably worth its weight in gold.  I guess if I had to choose, rose gold is the closest.  But I'm actually probably fonder of silver than gold in terms of look.  Gold is very, very easy to make gaudy.  Silver is less presumptuous and it goes with more things if we're accessorizing.

Bonus: Money or fame? Why?

Money.  Fame is a killer and won't buy you dinner.  And it's fleeting.  I would love to be famous just so I could make money off of my fame, and sure, there's some ego involved, but if given the choice between being obscenely wealthy but no one knows who I am and being renowned but poor, I'd probably take the money.  Yes, I wouldn't be remembered after I die, but I'm not sure that's fame.  I could put money to good use if I had enough of it, and people would remember me for being a good person, not a famous one.  Also, I'm deeply anxious about the state of my finances at the moment and fame wouldn't help that at all.  So give me the money.  Email me for a location to drop off the briefcase full of hundreds please.

No comments: