Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Prospects

So I'm directing a play at the moment, and one of the actors in it is this very nice, very attractive young man who has made no secret of his interest in little old me. I don't get it myself; surely he has other options. But he's insisting on barking up my tree.

First I told him he was young enough to be my son. "That makes it even hotter," he said. "Also, I don't believe you." He's cocky. I can appreciate that.

Then I told him I had a wife. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean..." and he got all awkward until I told him that I was bi and that she didn't mind, but he should know that. "Wow, that just makes you about the hottest girl on the planet." Yeah, I'm susceptible to flattery just like the next woman, what can I say?

Finally, I told him it wouldn't be appropriate, to which he said, "I get that. But as soon as the show is over, better believe I'm asking you out again." And I got a little awkward and blushed and said that if he put it that way...

So we've firmly agreed that nothing is going to happen as long as I'm his director. But at the cast party, who knows? I might very well reward persistence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the update.

Advizor54 said...

As long as he's well informed and Sveta's on-board, I think you are good to go! I'm imagining that cast party right now....

And, Break a Leg!!!

Advizor54 said...

OK, so, how long is this play running for? About time for an update. LOL