Sunday, September 9, 2007

Responding to Comment

This is in response to my one confirmed reader who's too shy to leave his name. And I'm assuming it's a him because he said "odd man out."

I have not been a virgin for a very long time, and I'm okay with that. Hell, I like that, because while there's something magical about losing your virginity, I like sex a lot, and I wouldn't want to go back and un-sex all the sex I've sexed. And while I guess I probably could have put off popping my cherry for a few years, I don't regret it.

But there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. Absolutely nothing. Even if it's just because you can't seem to get anyone to sleep with you. I really don't want to make anyone, virgin or not, feel like I'm somehow dumping on them. So what if you're a virgin?

I do believe that all those virginity pledges are crap, not because virginity is crap, but because the motivation shouldn't be that way. There's nothing wrong with sex, and there's nothing wrong with not having sex. I'm not getting all tolerant here because I'm a hippy; I'm not going to lie and say that I don't think that people who are virgins are missing out on some fun. But so what? I don't go to too many parties any more because I just don't like the scene. I suppose I'm missing out on fun there, and probably friends of mine wonder why I'm being a loser like that. But I'm not a loser.

Plus, let's face it, most people exaggerate their sexual exploits. You never know; I might be doing it too. I try not to, if it's any consolation. So what's more sad: being a virgin, or being someone who's had bad, drunk sex once and then lied about all the other times? At least the person who says they're a virgin is being honest.

So anonymous poster, I hope you keep reading (if you have any ideas of things you'd like to hear, let me know) and don't feel like the odd man out, because we're all a little odd, right?

Wow, that felt really... After-School Special-y right there. I promise I won't be boring like this often.

No comments: