Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tradition

So now I thought I'd get philosophical and talk about Kant. No, just kidding, I'll get philosophical and talk about cunt.

Okay, joking aside, there's a question that many people don't ask me (because I don't know that they think the answer will be sexy) but I'm sure a lot of people wonder about nonetheless.

"So Lexi, do you think you will continue with family tradition and have incestuous sex with your own children?" - A Vast Silent Mass of Wonder

Part of the reason I'm glad so few people ask this question is that it's kind of difficult to answer. First of all, I make "family tradition" seem like it's gone back for generations, way back to the founders of the family. The truth is that it's a newer thing than that.

See, my dad's parents were killed when the kids were young (he's got the one older brother, Sam and one younger sister, my Aunt Jenny) and they weren't really raised by anyone. My great grandma helped a bit, but Sam basically became de facto head of the house. I think he was about 16 at the time. So lots of stuff which probably wouldn't have gone on otherwise did. Sam took to the bottle pretty hard (he kicked it later, thank goodness) and Jenny was around and one thing led to another. I don't know how willing she was, but I assume from talking about it that she wasn't a virgin at that point, despite her being only 10. My dad and his sibs don't talk about that period much, but they came out of it okay, and with a lot of interest in physical love between family members, because they credit that with getting them through tough times.

My mom, on the other hand, is an only child. She's a bit younger than my dad, as I may have mentioned. And her side of the family was extremely closeted about sex. They never discussed it. But her father raped her repeatedly, starting when she was 5 or 6. That's why we don't communicate with her side of the family. I mean, her father (I hesitate to call him my grandfather because I've never met him, and if I did I'm not sure what I'd do) was brutal; he beat her into submission over and over again and raped her; there's no other way to say it. I get the impression that the rape is why she's not terribly sexually adventurous, and who can blame her really?

When she got pregnant the first time her parents kicked her out of the house; her mother thought she was a little slut and her father was only interested in raping her. She managed to weedle her way back into the house, since she was only 15 and didn't have anywhere else to go, but her father took it out of her in beatings and rape. She miscarried from the abuse, then got knocked up again, and that time she couldn't go back. I guess something inside her snapped. She was 17 and pregnant by her abusive father, so there wasn't a whole lot for her to do. She had the abortion.

My parents met later on, and I won't bore you with that story, but suffice to say that he loved her no matter what her past was like, and she loved him even when she found out that he and Jenny were still sleeping together. They found each other, and it made them whole, and it was all wonderful lovey-dovey stuff. Don't ever get them started talking about it, is my advice, unless you want to hear hours of it.

Anyway, out of that spectrum of sex, my parents decided that incest should be an instrument of family togetherness, and that the only way to deal with sex was openly and honestly. I think they wanted us to have it better than they had. I don't know whether they came up with the idea before they had kids or after. I know they decided that we had to be ready for it, and not too young. So that's why they waited until the girls' first periods and with Mike... well, I guess they just waited until he was ready.

So that's the long way of saying that it's not really a tradition, it's just beginning. As to the actual question, there are a few other factors. One, of course, is that I'm not sure I'd ever want to have kids. I know, everyone says that. It's still a possibility; maybe I never will and it will never come up. I'm pretty sure that my oldest sister will never have kids unless they change some laws. And Sheri... well, she might not be able to have kids no matter how much she wants them.

But supposing I do meet the man I want to bear children for, it would still depend on him. I mean, I'm not going behind the father's back about this kind of thing. Just like I wouldn't cheat on him. I should probably say husband, because I'd get married. I'm not that new-fangled. But anyone I would marry, let alone have kids with, would have to be pretty clued into who I am, and would have to accept the fact that my family and I love each other and we will continue to do so. Hell, he'd probably have to fuck my mom or something; I don't know if my parents have that planned, because it hasn't come up yet. So I would assume that my husband and father of my children would probably be cool with the idea of incest. If he didn't want to do it with our kids, I guess I could respect that, but I don't think that's likely.

Basically I'm skirting the real question, which is a question for me. Would I keep up tradition, and how would I do it? Like I said, I'm not cool with rape, young, old, or otherwise. So while I would probably introduce any child or children I had to sex at a young age, so they had plenty of time to play around with it (that's what kids do to learn, they play), I probably would follow my parents' example and not get involved in that play until they were old enough. And then, depending on the sex of the offspring, either I would do the honors or her father would. So I guess yes, I would continue the tradition. I think it's a great tradition.

My parents didn't want us popping our cherries before we were ready, but I don't know about that. I mean, suppose I have a daughter and we teach her about sex, and she invites a little friend over and they try it out. There's something wonderful about the idea that her father would be the first guy to be inside her, but at the same time, like I said, play is important. Likewise, if my son, young as he is, fools around with someone his own or nearly his own age before I get a crack at him, I think that's probably fine. You have to teach safe play, but in the end, that's what play is for.

Actually, as long as I'm dreaming about things, let me line up my dream a little. Suppose my Daddy gets my pregnant. I don't know if he'd do it, but just suppose that I want a baby and I convince him to knock me up. And then suppose its twins, a boy and a girl.

First off, I know my dad will want to have a crack at any daughter of mine; as I said, he's not really a pedophile but I know he likes young ladies. Imagine if it was his daughter too. He'd get to be her first, just like her mother. But with twins, it would be even better, because they could be each other's first. How sexy a thought is that, my two twin kids making love for the first time while their proud parents watch and give pointers. Maybe even join in after they've had some time together.

Now that's a daydream worth dreaming. I wish Dad were still up so I could fantasize a little more concretely. Hell, the fantasy would work with my brother too. Or maybe I'd have one with Dad and one with Mike. The girl first, then the boy. Then he and his father could double-team his older sister while... okay, wait, the family connections are getting a little hazy for me.

It will never happen, of course, but that's why it's a fantasy. The reality is that my kids will be like me, except unlike my mom I'll be perfectly happy to show my little girls how to play for both teams.

No comments: