Tuesday, December 13, 2016

TMI Tuesday on Marriage

From the vaults:

1. Do you believe in marriage?

Absolutely. I think it's a wonderful thing, though not the only wonderful thing, nor is it necessary. It's a thing you can do, that you should be able to do.

2. Have you ever proposed marriage or been proposed to marry? What happened?

I've been proposed to several times. In almost all those cases (and let me be honest, we're taking two out of three) it resulted from a guy have no idea what the situation actually was. Those, I politely refused.

The other one I accepted. I don't talk about it much. It didn't work out. I've never been married, and the proposal as close as it got there.

3. What would be your dream way of proposing marriage?

If I were proposing, low-key but meaningful. I guess that goes for if I were the object of the proposal too.

4. What would be your nightmarish way of proposing marriage?

Putting me on the spot in public. It seems really romantic, but I don't think I'd enjoy it, even if I was going to accept or be accepted.

5. Mainstream society has engagement rings; in your opinion, what token should be given to signify engagement?

I think the ring is just fine. Go for a collar or nipple clamps if you want. Doesn't really matter to me. I am perfectly happy with rings. Although I do believe both partners should get engagement rings, regardless of gender.

6. Would you like to participate in an “open” marriage vs. a traditional monogamous marriage? Have you ever given it serious thought? Why or Why not?

That's the only way I'd do it now. There was a time when I thought I could learn to deal with monogamy if I loved the person enough, but that was a pipe dream.

Bonus: Tell us about someone you would have proposed to but never had the chance/opportunity.

I've never proposed to anyone, and up until now I've never wanted to. That's not to rule it out in future, but I've never been left holding that particular bag.

1 comment:

Advizor54 said...

My mom got a piano as her engagement 'ring', it was much more practical since she was a piano teacher. :-) We still have it in the family.