Saturday, January 23, 2010

Housekeeping

I had a request a long time ago to put more useful dates in my posts. I originally decided I didn't want to because it would show just how long it had been since I last wrote, and while that would be easy to find out, sure, it was a motivational tactic I pursued. Then inertia set in, and I just left it like that even though I was being fairly good about posting regularly. Then I got the request, outlined above, and I thought about it, and then I forgot that I'd thought about it.

And then today I was looking through the archives for something, and I realized that, while it might not matter if one is looking at posts sequentially by month, it does matter if there's no context, say if I'm searching by topic. It's a pain in the ass not to know when a particular post was written. Now, I wish I could turn it on for posts that are out of context but leave it off for posts that are beinge viewed sequentially, but I'm too lazy to figure out how. It well might be possible. If someone knows how and can tell me the basics, I'm pretty good at hacking Blogger's layouts so I bet I could figure it out. But as it is, since I've been good about posting regularly, and it's a new year (well, it has been for a while now, but it's closer to New Year's than it is to July), I've decided to reconsider. Thus, the longer datelines.

Dateline - New York, January 23, 2010. Panic stalks the streets as a giant enraged Lexi tramples buildings, climbs skyscrapers, and just generally makes a nuissance of herself. Scientists are baffled by the appearance of a giant naked woman in downtown Manhattan. The National Guard has found that all conventional weapons are useless against her. She has been heard to yell, "Dee pee! Dee pee!" No one is sure what it means, but one thing is certain, it can't be good.

No comments: