Tuesday, April 11, 2017

TMI Tuesday

From the archives:

1. Could you date someone who is really into Legos? Their house consist of Lego furniture, the walls are covered in 3-D Lego art or photos of mammoth Lego creations.

Why not?  I love Lego.  It's Lego, by the way; the plural of Lego is Lego.  If it got past "passion" and into "obsession" I might have issues, but that's true of a lot of passions.  But I have no problem with Lego, as long as the rest of him/her is compatible.

2. You have a big date and discover that you have run out of undies (underwear, panties), would you:
a. re-wear dirty
b. wear a swimsuit or swimsuit bottoms
c. line worn undies with fresh panty-liners
d. go commando

Depends on where I'm expecting the date to go.  And what "dirty" means.  If they've been worn and are sitting in the hamper or something, I'd probably re-wear them.  If they're actually dirty for whatever reason, unless that's what the person I'm dating likes, I'm not going to re-wear that pair, but I'm unlikely to be in a situation where I have neither clean nor wearably-dirty underwear.  But I might just go commando if I think the evening will support it, either because it's not going to get hot and heavy or because it will.  I do sometimes even if I have plenty of clean panties to wear.  Come on though, even if I'm wearing a pair of underwear which has been worn before, I hardly expect my partner to examine them for cleanliness.  If it's a choice between wearing a pair of panties which are embarrassingly bad for whatever reason or going without, I'll go without and take my chances.  If someone feels me up and discovers I'm not wearing underwear, I don't think that's likely to be a deal-breaker.

3. In order to date the person of your dreams, you must be in a reality show with them. Would you date him/her? Why?

Probably not.  I mean, "person of my dreams" is hard to judge without dating them first, so it would probably have to be some hot person with whom I would like to canoodle, and frankly appearing on a reality show would ruin any chances of our having a normal relationship anyway.  Plenty of fish in the sea without that kind of baggage.

4. You have been dating a certain someone for a while, you two click and you really like them but they confided to you that they are a crime-fighting super hero? Do you still date them or let the relationship cool? Why?

In some fantasy world where there were actual crime-fighting super heroes, sure, why not?  If I've been dating them for long enough that they can open up to me and confide this secret to me, then I probably know them well enough that I would know whether I wanted to be with them regardless of their alter-ego.  It would be like any other job.  Sure, I might worry that they would be killed, but I could worry that about any number of jobs, so either I would like them enough that I would worry and put up with the worry or I wouldn't and wouldn't.

In reality... I'd have to think about it.  Seems a little detached from reality, and I don't know that I need that in my life.  All of the above would still apply though.  If they weren't delusional and were actually doing something like people do in the real world (there are costumed crime-fighters in the real world and they can do good things, albeit with less fighting super-villains and more helping people) then I might be able to live with it.  Hell, I might ask to join them.

I'm not into superheroes though, so if they were the type of person who's not totally insane but just delusional enough or obsessed enough to be annoying about it, I might decline.  But again, I would think I would know this about them from dating them for long enough to know that I really like them and that we click.  And I don't tend to click with annoying people.

5. You are on a date with someone you really want to impress. Your pants/skirt/shirt/bra split early in the date. What do you do?
a. Tie a jacket or sweater around your waist or put the jacket or sweater on to hide the issue
b. Stop at a drugstore and buy safety pins, and in secret try to fix and hide problem
c. ‘Fess up to the problem, let it all hang out and continue with the date
d. Cut the date short and go home

Totally depends on the situation.  I could definitely turn it around by fessing up, because I don't date people who would be so uptight about that sort of thing that it would make them never want to see me again, and it would be a stupid thing we could both laugh about later. But when I was younger and dumber, I probably would have tried to hide it and been embarrassed.

Bonus:
You went away for the weekend with your new romantic love interest. He/she had planned a wonderful weekend of outdoor fun for you both but it has started to rain and storms are in the forecast for the next few days. What do you suggest the two of you do instead?

Stay inside.  Or run around in the rain if it's warm.  Either way, plenty of romantic options when it's raining.  We could just stay in our hotel or cabin or whatever and fuck endlessly.  I'm not saying I wouldn't be a little disappointed and understand that they too were disappointed, because if we had planned to do fun things other than just be outside and we couldn't that would be a bummer.  But I'm flexible with plans.

No comments: