Tuesday, March 15, 2022

TMI Tuesday - Writing

From the TMI Tuesday Blog.

1. When you need to get serious, good writing done where do you go?

Honestly, I'm not sure these days. Used to be I could shut my door and hop on my computer, but I don't have a door to shut anymore (our house is low on doors, a thing which doesn't make having cats any easier). So I usually do my writing late at night/early in the morning. I need quiet and I need solitude. Location is less important.

2. Where do you look for inspiration to write?

Questions asked by the audience (hint hint). TMI Tuesday. Things that happen in my life (which is why I haven't been writing much of that sort of thing recently). Flash Fiction Friday too, for fiction. 

3. If you could add anything to your office what would it be?

A door. Well, not really. I don't really have an office, I just have a room which, among other things, contains my computer. I'd like a second monitor, I think.

4. Are you an app calendar/planner (ie., g-cal, outlook) kind of person or do you still prefer a physical planner?

I'm pretty sure I have some form of dysgraphia. Handwriting is both hard and painful to me, and it's usually impossible to read what I've written. So when I get it together to have a calendar (and that's not always) I use digital means.

5. When you jot down notes do you use pen and paper or put it into an electronic device (tablet, smart phone, etc)

Strangely, I've never been much of a digital note taker. I'm not one for note taking in general because of this, but if I have to note something down I usually do it in my impenetrable scrawl and then am unable to read it later, thus ensuring that my notes are largely pointless. I'll draw diagrams sometimes. They're ugly and terrible but I can usually come back to them and understand them.

Bonus: March 15 is National Shoe World day. a holiday that illuminates the need for quality footwear for millions of people around the world who go without. What quality pair of shoes would you pick to gift to someone? Post a link or pic.

For various reasons I'm not able to go searching for shoes online to link to at the time of this writing, so I'll just say I'd give someone who needed them a quality pair of steel-toed boots. Safety first, kids. Don't do as I do. Wear OSHA-approved PPE at all times.

3 comments:

Advizor54 said...

I love your answer to #5. I have a 24-hour time limit on all my notes. After that, the writing turns to some variation of Klingon and I can't read a word of it.

Smu Doodle said...

Just the mention of diagram in a sentence dredges up a reoccurring nightmare of being forced to diagram one of my own sentences. Cold sweat city.

TMI Tuesday blog said...

5. Interesting. And glad you found a work-a-round.