Wednesday, March 2, 2022

TMI Tuesday

Barely made it this week because I had a long day yesterday and then plum forgot today. But here they are, fresh from my brain and the TMI Tuesday Blog.

1. Covid dating behavior:
– Are you choosier?

Yes, in the sense that I am not dating or seriously seeing anyone these days other than people with whom I already had an outstanding relationship.

– Are you less choosy?

Yes, in the sense that I would currently jump pretty much anyone's bones if they could prove that we weren't likely to spread infectious diseases. What can I say? I miss my outings.

– Are you more frank and up front about what you want?

I haven't really had much opportunity to test this one way or the other. I might be, I guess. I would probably not require much foreplay from a prospective conquest, shall we say.

2. What is stable in your life? Answer Yes or No as in “yes, this is stable” or “no this is not stable”. Elaborate if you wish.
– Job

Stable in that I know I'll have a job tomorrow, which is something that many people can't say, but unstable because it's gig work and I never know when I'll be working, or if the place will get closed down by a new variant of COVID.

– Finances

Hahahahahahahaha*snort*hahahahahahahahaha*choke*hahahaha*gasp*ha.

– Romantic relationship

Pretty damn stable. I'm married to my best friend. If we're not traditional, we're stable.

– Economy of your country

Howls of derisive laughter. Except I don't really know. Money line go up, money line go down, it's all the same to me, really. I keep hearing things which lead me to suspect that money line go down in the near future, so you can take that monetary policy to the bank.

– Mental health

Shockingly more stable than I've been in a while. Needs improvement, but I've managed to write at least one blog post a week for months now so I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

– Physical health

Meh. Could be worse. Has been worse. I don't know what "stable" really means in this context, but things aren't changing rapidly in the physical health department. Of course that knocking sound you hear is me knocking wood so hard I'm leaving dents in it.

3. Have you lived in a different country than the one you were born? Did you have to learn the language?

I haven't. I'm sweetly parochial. I've never been more than a drive (albeit a long drive) from my place of birth.

4. Can you speak any other languages?

I used to be able to speak passable high school French but I've forgotten most of it because I never use it. I can read a little Russian but my speaking of it is not as good because I want to read it more than I want to speak it. I know POW Camp German from WWII studies and movies. I can order food in Spanish and Hindi. Other than that, I used to know just enough Latin to know that I didn't know anything about Latin but could use it to understand the roots of words, and I know a smattering of words shared by various romance languages. Oh, and I can say "Hello" in Mandarin. So, tl;dr, no.

5. How do you manage your fears?

I don't? Medication? Um, okay, so I can manage my fear of some things because I have to do them. Like heights. I hate heights, but if I'm working and I have to climb a ladder, I'm up there with everyone else. I'm like Charles Bronson's character in The Great Escape, who is an expert tunneler but when he's not working he's claustrophobic. I'm also slightly claustrophobic, and I'm not at all sure I could be an expert tunneler.

Bonus: What would you pick to add to your coffee, Baileys, Amaretto, or Whisky/Whiskey?

Amaretto is delightful in coffee. If you're going to add whiskey to coffee, I feel it should be bourbon, but I'm out of the habit of drinking brown liquor to the point where I don't like the taste any more, so I'm going with delightful almond coffee. Or Godiva chocolate liqueur (I cannot spell "liqueur" without looking it up). Or both. Really, why limit yourself? Add some Bailey's, some brown liquor of some sort, whipped cream vodka, floor tiles, bouncer's shoes, and backseat of a taxi cab... wait, that's where you'll throw up. Know your limits. A dash of Amaretto is probably mine at this point.

1 comment:

Smu Doodle said...

Best thing about outstanding relationships is that they happen to be outstanding.