Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quizzezzz

I don't know how into this whole "taking quizzes and then posting the results on my blog" thing I am (whew, that was a mouthful) but it's a good way to keep up regular posting in the absence of anything interesting to write about. Not that, at the moment, I don't have interesting things to write about.

I got this one from Kara and Jessica who got it from someone else and so on. Check out their blog if you aren't already; they've got something different to say than I do, which is good, because if we were all me, I'd probably eventually get bored with myself. About five minutes, I'd say.

What do you think of people who fuck a lot of different people and never have serious relationships?
I think they're missing out on something, but since I'm often in their position, I don't judge. I think that the prerequisites for sex should be less than a serious relationship, just as a serious relationship shouldn't presuppose sex. I've had serious relationships with people which weren't sexual, so why can't it go the other way as well?
What do you look for in a significant other physically and character trait wise?
I like pert in a gal. That's the shallow part. In guys, it's much more individual (remember my confessed attraction to Chang Kai Shek?) physically. In terms of character traits, I like someone who's like me, open-minded, a little introverted, loving, intelligent and not afraid to show it, funny, blah blah blah the usual SWF seeks walks on beach crap. Honestly, I don't have a set "type;" it must be pheromones or something.
What are some lyrics to the song you're listening to/last song you heard?
Since I've spent most of the recent period being a depressed-wreck-girl, my musical tastes have suffered correspondingly. I'd love to say it was something by Bach, but in fact it was All For You by Sister Hazel. I know.
Lets get nosy, what do your three most recent text messages say?
I don't text. Ever. I have never sent a text message in my life.
Has an ex ever wanted you back after they broke up with you?
Yes. Oy.
Do you fall for "players" ever?
Fall for? Well, I was pretty sure I was getting played at the time. I allowed myself to get played because I wanted to try to play him back. Didn't work out well, but I didn't get played much either. We both went home unhappy.
Has the last person you texted ever seen you totally naked before?
Yes, because the last text message I sent was to God. He said I was hot. Just thought you all should know.
Would you cry if your ex boyfriend/girlfriend died?
Yes. For one, I cry at funerals. For another, I don't want anyone to die, and I've never broken up with someone with such animosity that I wanted them dead. I'm not trying to make myself out to be a saint, but I'd probably cry if an ex of mine died.
Name a person that you instantly smile when you see they're calling?
Well... I can't see when people call because I don't got one of them new-fangled phones what got the words on 'em. But I could rattle off a list of people, Sveta being somewhere on it, and since she's foremost in my mind right now, I'll go with her.
Have you ever been a gymnast or a cheerleader?
I was sort of a cheerleader. Sort of. Not my scene, really, but I wanted to nail someone. I'm not proud of everything I've done in the past.
What's the last thing to make you laugh?
Robot Chicken's 1776. I'd seen it before but forgot how funny it was. God I hate 300.
What's on your mind right now?
That's a million-dollar question. Can any one thing be said to monopolize my mind? There are a lot of things on my mind, and I'm sure people who have read more than one post of mine can figure out what most of them would be. Actually, I guess this question and the philosophical underpinnings of it are on my mind right now. Wow, gettin' all meta on its ass.
Want something you can't have?
That's the human condition. If you don't, you're Buddha. Oh, you wanted to know what it was. Well, there are a lot of things I want that I can't have. Although "can't" is such a harsh statement of finality. Maybe, "Want something that you're not likely to get?"
Something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?
Yep, thanks for asking. Oh, you wanted to know what it was again. But why would I tell you? I hate talking about it.
What color is your shower curtain?
We have a shower enclosure in frosted glass. Told you our bath kicked ass.
Do you find the naughty school girl outfit hot?
I always did when I was a naughty schoolgirl, and I think other people found me so.
Have you ever put peanut butter on an Oreo cookie before?
Nope. Have I ever put guacamole on an Oreo cookie before? Yes. It wasn't very good.
Between you and your current significant other, who is more adventurous and spontaneous?
That'd be me. It's not to say that I'm Captain Adventure, just that Sveta is the opposite, whatever the opposite of Captain Adventure would be. Private Boring? That's nasty to Sveta. She's not boring, just not spontaneous and adventurous. I'm really not either, when compared to anyone else.
Between you and your current significant other, who is more willing to try new things?
Um, also me, see above.
Between you and your current significant other, who is more impulsive?
Me, I have been known to have impulse control issues.
Between you and your current significant other, who is more loud and talkative?
Me, I can get chatty sometimes, and I am not quiet, even if I might be the shy retiring type often enough. You should hear me bawl out actors. I give a great, "Don't fucking touch this," speech.
Between you and your current significant other, who is more stubborn?
I'm from Germanic stock, Sveta is from WASP stock. Her family trades in passive-aggressive, mine is just plain aggressive. You know why all the German Americans are so annoying? Because they're the ones who were too annoying to even get along with other Germans, so they had to leave and come to America. My family yells all the time, which freaks Sveta out a little. The first time she was in the house and we were yelling, she thought we were on the verge of ax-murdering each other, and I had to reassure her that we weren't even fighting. Differences in culture and upbringing, I guess.
Between you and your current significant other, who initiates sex more often?
Me, although Sveta is getting much more aggressive in this regard.
Does your current significant other snore?
Thank God, no, although she does occasionally moan in her sleep, which is just the cutest and sexiest thing.
Have you ever gotten a mosquito bite on your face?
Yes. I'm mostly shocked that this question needs to be asked.
What size shoe do you wear?
7 usually, bearing in mind that I'm quite tall for a woman.
Do you have hardwood floor, carpet or something else as flooring in your bedroom?
It's a wood floor. We put down a rug to keep from getting ridiculous splinters. Every summer, Mom makes me take the rug out and beat out the dust, then I mop. God, what I wouldn't give to not have to deal with the stupid rug ever again. But then I'd wind up with splinters in my feet. Hell, sometimes I get splinters in my feet even through the rug. Some day, I'll get desperate enough to bite the bullet and refinish the floor, but that would be an undertaking worthy of being remembered in song and story, so it'll likely never happen.
What are your three favorite things to do when hanging out at home with your significant other?
  1. Make love, with all the attendant fun.
  2. Watch movies and snuggle.
  3. Murder skin-divers with laser beams from outer space.
  4. Okay, so I couldn't come up with a third thing. We spend a lot of time doing things 1 and 2, and we don't spend any time together that's not basically devoted to thing 1. Which is a deficit in our relationship, I know. Some day, maybe we'll have the chance to do more things together than lovemaking and interludes between lovemaking. We do go out and do things, but at home, since we don't see each other that often, 1 tends to take pride of place.
Do you like clothes shopping or grocery shopping better?
Grocery shopping baby! Wooo! I love grocery shopping. If you gave me an unlimited budget and told me to make a menu up, I'd be all over that shit. I can shop in farmers' markets for hours. I'm not a big clothes shopper; I can take it in small doses, but I'm not a clotheshorse and I don't like trying on things. I want to find what I'm looking for and get the fuck out. But I do enjoy going shopping for clothes with Sveta, particularly the naughtier sections of the wardrobe. What I really like to do, though, is shop for books. Sveta is not as big into books, so I have to curtail my book-hunting when we go out, but we often make our way, however briefly, to the local used book emporium. God I love shopping in used bookstores. Give me an unlimited budget and send me book-shopping... and I would own every book in the world. Probably best to keep me on a shorter leash.
What was the last thing you were annoyed about?
Computers. It's nearly always either computers or work, and since work is at an ebb right now, computers annoy me. Not that I don't know anything about them, but that they suck so hard.
Are any of your friends taller than you?
A few. A lot aren't though. I'm tall.
Do you crack your knuckles?
Yep, unabashedly so. I've heard so many different things about it that I just don't care any more. If I get knuckle cancer when I'm 30, I'll deal with it. It's hardly the least healthy thing I've done.
Spell your name without an L:
Exi? XE? I sound like an operating system. Coming soon, Windows XE.
When was the last time you were told you were cute?
I get cute a fair amount. My dad calls me cute often enough. I suppose I am cute, in a non-stereotypical way most times. I'm not chipper-cute, bubblegum-cute, but I have a streak of cute to me. It'll decay with age until I'm a dried-up husk of nothing. Hello mortality, nice to see you too.
What usually wakes you up in the morning?
My damn alarm, or, more recently, nothing but an abiding urge to be somewhere other than bed. That's fun at 4AM. Sleeping well and I are old enemies; sometimes I beat her into submission and sleep like the dead, but most times she kicks me in the hips or the neck or the back and I toss and turn, or she slips caffeine pills into my drinking water and I can't sleep at all. Vicious bitch.
Would you rather go to the movies or go bowling?
I'd rather go to the shooting range. I've never been. I've fired guns before, lord knows, but never at the range. I choose C. Shooting range, final answer.
Has anything happened in the past month that made you really mad?
Yes, thanks for asking. But fortunately I'm back to being Bruce Banner now.
Do you prefer pie or cake?
You shouldn't make Lexi choose between pie and cake. It might make her angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry...

I have set this bomb to go off while I think I'll be out with Sveta. Hopefully this will keep you busy while I'm gone. There's milk in the fridge, and you may each have one Freeze-Pop while I'm out. And if I hear anything about you punching your brother, young man, there will be no deserts for a month, understand?

4 comments:

Spnk MeRed said...

it is funny what you say about your family always yelling...my best friends parents speak another language and they always seem to be arguing and yelling at each other and my friend assures me that is just how her parents talk

btw...i am taking two ice pops...i live in vegas it is too hot here to eat just one...so i am sneaking a second...HA

Naughty Lexi said...

Well, okay, since you're in Vegas, two. Don't spoil your dinner though.

K & J said...

Hi Lexi, love your answers. Your right, it's fun to read all the different answers from everyone. We all have something else to say. Thanks for recommending my blog to. Like you I enjoy doing some of these because it helps fill space when you have nothing to write about.
Kara XOXO

Naughty Lexi said...

I am more than glad to recommend any blog which shows that people can be "abnormal" and yet still loving and happy (I use "abnormal" in as non-pejorative a sense as I possibly can here). Plus it's a good blog. So yeah, anyone who reads this, go there and read their blog too. And all the other blogs on my list. They all have something to say which is different.