Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Status

Okay, so I've seen the last of Sveta (well, I hope not forever, but for a while). I will not get to see her again before she leaves. I may talk to her on the phone or via email (in fact, I will do both of those things even after she leaves) but she's gone as far as I'm concerned. We had a tearful goodbye, and as soon as she got home she called me and we had some more tearful goodbye-ing.

What this means is that (A) I'll be curled up in a sobbing ball off and on for a while, and I won't have anything to bring me out of my funk (no, I'm not begging for someone to cheer me up, I'm just stating the facts) because I don't have a gig lined up. Finding a gig may bring me out eventually, but I've penciled in a few days of sobbing and curled-up-ness. (B) The blog is likely to get some random crap, because I'll be damned if I do a bunch of self-pity posts. So expect to see either nothing at all for a while or some trivia, maybe recollections, quizzes, that kind of thing. I doubt very highly that I'll be doing anything worth talking about.

There is no need to flood me with commiseration. I'm just giving a status report. Thanks for your sympathy in advance, but don't let me fool you into thinking this is the end of the world. I'm just mired in my own personal drama right now, which from the outside probably seems ridiculous (and sometimes it seems that way from the inside too). And I wanted to warn everyone that the chances of my getting lucky in an interesting way for the next week are probably nil.

I am in whatever mood it is between crying jags where I look very critically at myself and am kind of bitchy. Thus, the clinical tone of this report. You should be grateful I'm not writing it while in my crying phase, because then I'd be incomprehensible and stupid. Told you, bitchy and self-critical.

2 comments:

Spnk MeRed said...

well want it or not you are getting some sympathy hugs and cheer up smiles sent your way...not that i expect either to really help...i am one of those people who believe that getting lost in some crying and a funk is a good thing every now and then...so be in the funk as long as you need but know i am sending you good vibes in the mean time

Naughty Lexi said...

Just because I don't want people to waste time feeling sorry for me doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. So thanks for the good vibes, and know that I'm sending them back with interest. I just don't want to be a drama-queen about it.