Sunday, February 21, 2010

Business and Pleasure

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I like to keep my professional and personal lives separate. Not that I always obey this dictum, but I do keep it in mind.

That being said, that means that I don't have sex with coworkers (well, I try not to anyway). But as a theatrical technician, I don't really consider actors to be coworkers. It's still somewhat unprofessional, but they all sleep with each other, so I view it as something less, like maybe having sex with a professional acquaintance, someone with whom I'm not likely to have to work in the future. Not that I never see the same actors, but we're in different worlds.

I'm saying all this because I have a date with an actor. I was in doing technical things before a rehearsal, and in walked the cutest guy (well, not the cutest, but the cutest I'd seen in a while). I'd never met him before; must be new to the area or new to the theater or something. I didn't know he was an actor, just said, "Hey, how's it going?" because I was being nice. He helped me clean up which he didn't have to do, and we got to talking. Then rehearsal was about to start, and we'd hit it off, so he asked me if I'd like to get a drink sometime, since he's in the show and I'll be around.

"Wuh-well shucks, a-hyuck, a-hyuck." At least, that's how I felt at the time. In case it's not coming across, I'm impersonating Beaky Buzzard from Looney Tunes cartoons where he blushes and looks away. I'm so fucking classy it ain't even funny.

Upshot: we shall be visiting the same drinking establishment at the same time. He's my age, he's cute, and while he's got the tact not to spend his time staring at my breasts or ass, he didn't seem uninterested in my form. It's been a while since I've legitimately dated a guy. It'll be a nice change of pace.

And lest you feel concerned for my main squeeze, I talked it over with Sveta. She's fine with it, claims that, if she weren't tits-deep in work, she'd probably have some fun on the side too. And while the idea of that does make me slightly jealous, and I'm sure me doing things with other people makes her slightly jealous, it's really more that we wish we could be together than that we don't want to be with anyone else.

As a rule, I don't like actors as long-term romantic prospects because they tend to be kind of flaky. There are definite exceptions, but if this guy is like any of the other actors with whom I've been involved, it'll be fun to date him, maybe fuck him, but nothing serious. Plus, I could use some social avenues, since right now I seem to have nothing but work and home. Plus plus, I bet he'll buy the drinks. Maybe not, but I can hope. I'm a whore. Such a terrible whore. But in my defence, his purchase or non-purchase of the drinks will have very little to do with the action he gets. Either he'll get action or he won't. I'm more than willing to go Dutch and put out. So maybe I'm not a whore, but rather a mooch. Yes, that's it.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

No comments: