Thursday, November 12, 2009

Talking About Sveta

Since I'll be seeing her soon, this seemed like a fortuitous coincidence, so since Jim sent me a brace of questions, I'm going to answer them now rather than waiting. They won't make me sad because she's not here, because I can look forward to her. And then when I let her read this, she'll hopefully like what she sees. See, sexy and smart.

"Besides the sexual attraction, what qualities do you love about Sveta? Also, other than sexual conversations, what do you and Sveta usually talk about when you're alone together?" - Jim

We'll address those questions in order, but with the frequent digressions everyone should expect of me. Believe me, when I first saw Sveta, it was pretty much pure physical. I didn't know her, I figured it was unrequited lust in any case, and the fact that she was pretty in a reserved and cute way and that she was definitely innocent and inexperienced... well, it made me want her just from a visceral standpoint. If I'd had a cock, it would have gotten hard.

Then, after I got to know her a little, but she was still with James and I was the teacher, I realized that all of the previous was still a really good reason to be attracted to her, but she also reminded me of myself a little. Not exactly; we don't share backgrounds, for instance, she being an only child of a fucked up family, me having siblings and a good family situation. But we're both intelligent overachievers (she's probably more of an overachiever than I am, and she'll undoubtedly make more of her life than I will, but I have no problem with that at all; in fact, I want her to do better than I do), we both like to read a lot, and we share some, but not all, of the same interests.

All of that didn't come out right away, of course. But I started noticing things which made me like her more as a person than a sex object. Then, when we started making love, the sex object part won out for a while because she really is sexy as hell. But then, when James fucked us over (her more than me, definitely, but still, I was involved) and we started hanging out, gradually the sexy was joined again by the fact that she really is a person I could see being friends with, if not for two things. 1) She's so much younger than I am, so chances are good that I wouldn't wind up friends with her because I tend to make friends who are older than I am, and (2) I could be friends with her except it's so much more fun to be more than that. Sveta, honey, I'm joking, when you read this.

We're both shy, neither of us party people, we enjoy staying home and being together, reading, talking, cuddling. She's shown a real adventurousness (outside of the bedroom, I mean) which makes me love her more; she's willing to try new things like food, movies, books, etc. She's better at doing that than I am about some things. She's still figuring herself out, and she hasn't become as set in her ways as I am in mine. She can talk intelligently, although she's less argumentative than I am (I maintain that's a product of her upbringing) and she's definitely quieter, even when she's completely comfortable with the situation.

She likes my family, even without the sexual stuff, which of course is a major point in her favor. We don't have the same tastes, but we like enough of the same things that it's okay. She likes teen comedies that I can't stand to watch, and I like geekier stuff that she's not interested in. She's less writing-oriented than I am; Sveta, honey, I'm sorry, but you've still got to work on your grammar. But she's had less experience than I have, so it'll happen in time. She likes biology, I like physics. She likes law, I like history. She likes politics, I want to scream. I like math and computers, she wants to scream. But still, she's a smart cookie.

I love her laugh. She doesn't laugh easily, but when she laughs, it's something else. Now I'm getting all sappy. Moving on.

What do we talk about? Well... we have to avoid pop culture, because I'm a hopeless fuddyduddy and I'm not up on the latest stuff. Sveta does fill me in on some things, but she knows I just don't care that much about celebrities and pop culture. We talk about books. We do talk about politics, even if it makes my brain hurt and want to kill people. Fortunately, she's a right-thinking girl who isn't a social conservative (I mean, it's pretty obvious she wouldn't be, right) so we don't disagree, she just likes politics more than I do.

We talk about music because while she does have some really poor teenaged taste, she also likes the classics. And she likes classical music too. Some day, I hope I'll get her to play something; supposedly she can play the piano, but she's too shy to attempt it. I know, I've seen her inside and out, I've done unspeakable things with this girl, and she won't play piano for me. It's okay; I haven't sung for her, or noodled on the guitar. We're both shy like that.

I try to talk to her about computer things, just to give her what I consider to be the basic knowledge one should have, but that makes her brain hurt, so I wind up just telling her what to do. I don't like to do that, but hey, education is obviously not in the cards.

We talk about books and movies. We tell jokes. I actually read funny things to her sometimes. I let her read things I've written (carefully selected things, because while I might be a little less anxious about my writing, I'm still really a wuss). I try to convince her to try out for a play. So far, she's always had good excuses. Wouldn't it be a hoot for both of us to be in a play together? Don't think about it too hard; your head will explode.

Recently, she tells me about her life and I listen, mostly. My life isn't much to report, most days, whereas she's in college, she's excited, she's doing new things. We do talk about my family and when things happen which are worth reporting, we talk about that stuff.

Basically, we have normal people conversations. Just punctuated by sex. The way it should be. If it weren't for the fact that it's hard to converse when one or both of you have a mouthful of something, we'd probably do what my Dad and I or Mike and I do and talk during sex. Well, Dad and I more than Mike and I, because Dad and I can fuck for long enough to make a conversation at length possible, plus we fuck more sedately sometimes. But still, it's a fine time to talk about things. I always enjoy it.

Anyway, thanks for the questions, Jim. The rest of you, questions that aren't boring generic trivia questions are always welcome. You can comment, or you can email, or you can stick your head out the window and shout, although I wouldn't recommend the last one because people will look at you weird.

No comments: