Tuesday, May 3, 2022

TMI Tuesday - Change

From the TMI Tuesday Blog:

If you could see two things change about your significant other what would they be?

She reads this blog so I can't be too honest, now can I? Okay, while I love her exactly as she is, I would love to be able to press a button and make her taller for a while, both because it would make certain sexual positions easier and because it would get her to understand the plight of a tall woman. But I wouldn't want it to be permanent because I'm a pervert and I like shorter girls.

Other than that, aside from a few things which aren't going to make it onto the blog, I wish her family were better. I mean, she's got my family now, but I wish hers were less dysfunctional. And that would probably only be solved by certain members of said family disappearing, so it's unlikely to happen.

What are two things you forgot to celebrate last year?

We didn't forget, but we had to keep both our birthdays fairly low-key because of COVID. Other than that, I always forget to celebrate St. David's Day every year, but where am I going to get a leek at short notice to pin to my lapel anyway.

Are you and your significant other both good at apologizing?

I don't know. She's better at it than I am, I think. It's something I struggle with.

What would you not admit on a first date?

Incest. I mean, I wouldn't admit that on a second date either.

I'd probably keep my medical history out of conversation as well, but I tend to over-share sometimes, so who knows? I probably wouldn't admit how promiscuous I am, but on the other hand I have sometimes and it's gone fine, so that's a maybe too. It depends on the date. Fortunately, I don't date anymore, really, so I don't have to worry about making polite small talk when all we both really want to do is get down to business. Just me? Okay, maybe other people are looking for human connections or whatever.

Kidding. I don't date because I'm bad at it. I've always been bad at it. I've been on innumerable dates and I've always been bad at them. Sometimes my partner was equally bad, and sometimes that meant that our badnesses canceled each other out and we had a splendid time. Sometimes not. Sometimes my partner has been charitable. Sometimes not. Dating sucks. We should give it up and just start fucking like animals in city parks for our amusement. Imagine if the first thing you did with someone was fuck them, hard, fast, anonymous, and then once that was over and the pressure was off you got to know them in the afterglow. Just me? Okay, maybe other people are looking for human connections or whatever.

Is rebound sex empowering?

Depends. If you're looking to be empowered by it I think it can be, particularly if your partner in said rebound activities is supportive. But if you're looking for love in all the wrong places, you're probably not going to find yourself empowered by desperation. I think the empowerment part is more about the support than the sex, so there's no requirement for sex if you've got a good friend with whom you can feel supported in a non-sexual way. As I like to have friendships with benefits, and as I have family with benefits as well, I have been comforted sexually on a number of occasions, but I think the sex was just an enjoyable way to be comforted, not a requirement.

Bonus: How do you mend a broken heart?

I don't know. That's a bit much to ask on a TMI quiz, I'd say. Maybe you can't. Maybe all you can do is get past the broken part and go on with your life with a part of your heart that will always be broken. They say that about grief: you never stop grieving, you just learn to deal with it. I have no reason to believe that broken hearts are any different from any other kind of grief, so maybe you don't heal. Maybe the scar is always there.

Either that or you clone yourself, kill your clone, steal its unbroken heart, and replace yours with it. Make sure you kill your clone in such a way that the internal organs are still usable.

Oh no. Maybe I was the clone all along! Oh no! Shoot the other Lexi! The other Lexi!

2 comments:

Max said...

Well damn, I thought you *were* the other Lexi. Sorry about that. :-)

TMI Tuesday blog said...

2. :D

"We should give it up and just start fucking like animals in city parks for our amusement." Ha! If only.

You always make me laugh, smile, and ponder.

Thanks for that.