Tuesday, May 31, 2022

TMI Tuesday - Macaroons

This is a change of pace from the TMI Tuesday Blog:

1. Have you eaten a macaroon? Did you like it?

Does Manischewitz make wine? Yes. The answer is yes, I've eaten many a macaroon, including some which were made by Manischewitz. I'm not Jewish but I play one on TV. And yes, I enjoyed it and expect to continue to enjoy macaroons. Honestly, the last macaroon I had was from a Chinese buffet, so I get around.

2. Do you prefer a coconut macaroon or the original almond paste version?

I've never had a plain almond macaroon. I've had almond macaroons, but they included coconut. I would probably enjoy a plain almond one.

3. Have you made macaroons? Share your recipe if you’d like.

I don't bake. Plus, if I baked macaroons I'd probably eat them all.

4. To jazz up a basic macaroon–egg whites, sugar, and coconut–which of the following will you add?
a. chocolate
b. fresh fruit or fruit preserved
c. candy
d. cinnamon

Chocolate. Always chocolate. Though almond is a nice accompaniment. I'd try one with fruit in it, I think, I've just never run into one. Depends on what candy we're talking about. And cinnamon? I guess I'd have to try it. But chocolate.

5. Would you rather eat a macaroon or macaron?

Macarons are delicious, but give me a macaroon any day. I think I gave away my feelings on the subject in my answers to the other questions.

There you go. Macaroons! We now return you to your regularly-scheduled smut, I guess.

2 comments:

Advizor54 said...

My sister has perfected her Macaroon recipe and they are delicious. I have neither the time nor patience to make them but will gladly eat them when someone else does.

Happy Tuesday

TMi Tuesday blog said...

Fun read Lexi. Thanks for sharing.
-H