Friday, May 21, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Inseparable

You might classify this as Flash Joke Friday.  Ah well, in fifty-odd words, how much narrative can you reasonably expect?  I think it's a tender, albeit minimalistic, tale

When we were young, it was always, “Freakshow!” with our classmates. It made it hard to play sports, hard to run, and hard to dress right. Nothing says “freakshow” like a little boy in a skirt just because his sister wanted to wear one.

But now, there are definite advantages to being joined at the hip.


Want to join in?  You should, because I do and everything I do is great.  No, wait, for "great" read "insane" and after "should" append "run screaming."

No, seriously, Flash Fiction Friday.

6 comments:

The Panserbjørne said...

Gee, with a ringing endorsement like that, how can people NOT join in? :)

Several people have castigated me about the word count this week. Hell, I just figured everyone would ignore it like usual. :) No worries...next week's will be a longer one.

But yours is definitely an...interesting take. Thanks for playing along this week!

(Word verification graphic: "incest". Swear to God.)

-- PB

Diable Incarne said...

Conjoined-twins. Interesting.

Happy Friday.

Cate said...

That was great!

I soooo blew the word count. Just couldn't do it. PB you CUNT!

Naughty Lexi said...

Interesting? I sense a pattern here. And I specialize in ringing endorsements. I love Flash Fiction Friday, and I always follow the rules because I don't like spankings. My ass is a tender springtime flower.

Luna Mauvaise said...

There is only one person I can think of who I could stand to be so CONjoined.

Weird and wonderful entry, Lexi! Happy FFF.

Anonymous said...

I love FFF too! That was so original!