Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blessing in Disguise

It has been too long since I posted something which wasn't an excuse about not posting something which wasn't an excuse about not posting something which wasn't an excuse about not posting something which wasn't I'll come in again.

Going a bit crazy here.  Yep.  The ol' banana.  The ol' mixed nut bowl.  The ol' fantasy-land bingo.  The ol' crazy potato covered in crazy cheez and being eaten through a crazy straw.  I have no idea what I'm saying.

Oh, that's right, that's what I wanted to say.  I'm really, really sorry that life has forced my blog-ly activities into a slump.  This has been a pretty good year for the blog, all told; I've written more posts than in any year previously, and if you assume that I'm writing about as many good posts per capita as before, that means that I've increased my output of the good stuff, not just the bad stuff.  Maybe not.  But whatever.  November, as I warned at the start, has sucked donkey scrotum for very small sums of money, so it's a whore but a cheap one, and it probably takes less money because it likes sucking donkey scrotum.  And then it goes home and beats its fourteen crack-addicted babies, all of whom are named after famous TV chefs.  November is a cheap, lying, trashy, selfish whore, and I hate it.  Now, where was I?

Oh yeah.  So I've been ball-bustingly busy, as November has apparently grafted balls to my body while I wasn't looking just so it can bust them.  And thus, my blogging is not the only thing which has suffered.  My social agenda has been somewhat muted as well.  And I've been snippy to people, and tired, and grouchy, and just basically November sucks.

Sveta has returned to college, and here's where the title of this post comes in.  Because if I weren't so fucking busy and tired, I would probably be miserable missing her.  As it is, I barely have the energy to miss her a little, let alone enough to be torn up about it.  And I don't have the energy to feel guilty about not having the energy to miss her too much.  Some "blessing," right?

Also, she'll be back in just a few short weeks.  I know, whoever decided that Thanksgiving and Christmas were the only times to visit your family is a fucking moron and I hate them.  There should be a holiday halfway through each semester.  But there it is; I get to see her soon, after a long drought.  I don't like "gh" words.  We should spell drought "drout" and draught "draft" and through "thru" and rough "ruff" and... wait, who am I?  I don't think that.  Not really.  I don't like mangling words.  GH is a linguistic heritage that texting and idiots are going to eliminate, and then we'll never understand our roots.

Ah, off-topic again.  So yeah, I am in no position to tell some of the stories I want to tell.  If I tried, I would wander off in the middle and get run over by a truck.  They wouldn't hold up to my strict standards of quality (yeah, right).  Thus, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.

But I'll give you a preview.  I have some Sveta and me stuff from Thanksgiving, and I have some stuff from work, and a bit of follow-up on some of our repeating characters (I like to call them that because it makes me feel like I'm living in a sitcom rather than a documentary on slave-labor), plus some stuff with just Sveta spreading her wings a bit.

I'm still here.  Where here is, and who I am when I'm here, that's anyone's guess.

2 comments:

Lusting Lola! said...

I don't think I've ever left you a comment, but I love your blog (been a follower for a couple months). This post made me giggle. I loved all the little rambling side notes.

I look forward to your stories, when you have the time, and are in the position, to post them. Love them!

Naughty Lexi said...

Welcome Lola! Glad you're enjoying, and I don't mind comments at all, but I also don't mind lurkers, so don't feel pressured one way or the other.