Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November State of the Blog

I hate elections.  We should all just go back to the tsar.

No, I really don't hate elections.  I just hate campaign ads.  I think the British are much better about it.  Makes me envy Sephi.  Thank God, November will soon bring an end to the ads (I hope).  Not so happily, it will doubtless also plunge us into a nightmare world.  There, I've said enough.

And now, a list of numbered announcements:

  1. November is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I'm thinking I may do it again this year.  So this month I shall struggle to write those 50,000-odd perfect little words but wind up writing 50,000-odd terrible ones.  No, I will not be inviting readers.  It's bad enough that I have to read them, let alone allowing someone else to do it.  I wish I could write erotica, but I'd think that was cheating; erotica is too easy and too trashy for me.  Not to malign others' erotica, simply my own.  I will keep doing the Flash Fiction Friday thing, before anyone worries.
  2. I believe Sveta may make an appearance just in time to spoil any thoughts of spending any time doing anything but loving her fully and well.  Thanksgiving, maybe?  Maybe?  Please?
  3. Work is going to be crazy in November.  With a capital K.  And little googly eyes on all the letters.  Flashing in hot pink neon.  Is neon actually the gas they use to make the hot pink lights?  I don't know.  See, I'll be crazy.  I'm already a bit crazy.

Therefore:

Blogging may get a bit light on the ground during the November-ly month.  Things may happen that go unreported, at least until December.  Comments may go without reply, or perhaps even for days without approval.  Messages may be a bit shirty.  Phones may be unexpectedly disconnected (this only applies to about 3 people though).  Doors may be slammed (that applies to even fewer people).  Hair may be torn, pens may be thrown, throats slashed, bodices ripped, swashes buckled... no, wait, that's a pirate raid.

Anyway, if we drop down to about 1 post a week for the next few weeks, that's why, and I'm sorry and everything, and I wish I were hardcore like some people, but I'm just not.  Also, I must force myself not to use the blog as a means of procrastination.  Like I'm doing right now.  Away with me!

Oh, by the way, congratulations to San Francisco, and Tim Lincecum, your name makes me think naughty things, but your body makes me do nice things, so between the two, I could make you very happy.

2 comments:

Spnk MeRed said...

mmmm i already had my own little fantasy about timmy and now you have given me another...i am so glad he and wilson got to pitch the winning game

Advizor54 said...

It's only Nov 3 and I already feel like I'm behind on my NNWM duties.

Good luck on getting through November in one piece. I'm in the final sprints of my audit season so I know a bit how you feel.

:-)