Friday, November 5, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Car Song Trio

CB

"Breaker 1-9, this is Big Rig Daddy headin' down the freeway and lookin' for love." She could hear the twang of a country song in the background through the static on his CB.

"10-4 Big Rig, this is Top-Down Lady sittin' behind the billboard for Luigi's Pizza on 150 South, lookin' for fun," she said, her voice slipping into the accent without realizing it. "Why not stop by if you're in the neighborhood?"

This was it. Her voice trembled as she said the last words, not from fear but from anticipation. He agreed eagerly, said he was in transit, then signed off. She sat there, waiting, humming softly, fingers toying idly with the snap on her stockings, then reaching down to stroke the silk-covered wetness between. Her small breasts were chilled by the breeze of passing cars, the nipples hard and tender in the shadows. She didn't care if anyone saw.

When she heard the semi pull up behind her with a rumble of engine and a screech of air brakes, she turned to see him getting down from his cab, then sighed with satisfaction. It's not every day a girl gets her driver's license and pops her cherry in the same day. She leaned the seat back and prepared for some trucker love.


Drive-In

"It's okay." She'd said it so many times to me before. "It's okay." But it wasn't okay.

We were at the drive-in with the top pulled down, and she was reattaching the strap that had come loose during our fit of passion, not looking at me. The feature was some monster movie from Japan, but neither of us were paying attention to the cheesy plot. We were close enough to the projector to hear it humming softly, or maybe that was the compressor on the freezer where they stored the terrible food they deep-fried to death.

"I know you wanted to go all the way," I said from the back seat, head in hands. "I... I just can't. Not like this."

"Then how?" she asked, a snap in her tone which she instantly regretted. "Jesus, I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry, it's my fault," I said, looking up finally. "I just wanted it to be special. But something takes over when we're together; I just want to rip your clothes off, and then when it gets to the moment... I can't."

"It's okay," she said, again, looking at me. Maybe she believed it as she slipped her bra back on. In the car, in total silence, we watched the rest of the terrible movie, then drove home to our separate beds with wedding rings that felt too tight for comfort.


To the Metal

"Gun it!" she squealed as I revved the engine, naked ass writhing on center grill. "Oh god, right there, yes, yes!" My foot was to the floor; the car was rocking even though it was safely out of gear. She was cumming. I tried to see, to feel the spasms running through her, to time my foot to them, but in the end, she was in rhythm with the engine, not with me.

She laughed even as she kept pressing her hips down onto the body of the car, right above the drive shaft. Then she reached over and slammed her fist against the horn and wailed as the sound blasted out into the night. It was primal, the sound of horn and engine and girl all rolled into one essential noise of orgasm. Her juices stained the upholstery.

"Okay, I've got to try it," I said with a laugh as she collapsed into the back seat. The engine sat there, humming softly, a raging beast waiting to be unleashed. I undid my garter and then straddled the center of the car next to her, and as I felt the vibrations of it, of him, slowly run up my spine as I ground down, I gasped, then cried out, "Pedal down! Gun it!"


Three? Yep, you counted right.  My stringent editorial controls are a bit lax this week; I just don't have the time to pick them over with a fine-tooth comb.  Nor, really, to go into the depth I'd like in the notes.  But some brief words:

I just loved the idea of sitting in a car on the side of the road in nothing but panties and stockings.  I don't know why, but the CB radio connection clicked somehow, and so I knew why our intrepid heroine was waiting in that state of undress.  Then I decided to give it a bit of a twist, because what the hell, I think the idea of hooking up with a trucker on your 16th birthday to lose your virginity is kind of sexy, in a "God I'd never actually do it nor do I want anyone else to" kind of way.  Plus, I liked the sobriquet, "Top-Down Lady" to describe both the car and the driver.  The first one was just a bit of fluff, really.

Number 2 is a bit more awkward.  I wasn't really going for a twist, but rather to explore the difference between horny teenagers and people who are inhibited.  I don't know; it's a bit of a sad story, and I suspect all too common in marriage to build up expectations that one can't possibly meet, then, of course, fail to meet them.  Hell, that's probably common everywhere.  Or is it about the difference between intention and action?  I don't really know.

And then, of course, since I'd put aside the "humming softly" line, not using it as a descriptor of the car's engine, as seemed quite obvious to me, I had to think about things which hum softly, and why not turn a car with a bit of a vibration into... well, you get where I'm going with this.  I don't care if it's physically impractical.  If this car had had a gear shift in the center, I might have used that, since most of the old cars with sticks that I've driven have had a bit of motion in the gear shifter.  Anyway, car as vibrator.  I was going to be a bit more metaphorical about it, but then I just said, "Fuck it," and wrote something simple and fun.

Are all three of these stories connected?  I don't know.  They're just vignettes about cars.

There, I managed to write more fiction than I did exposition of said fiction.  Victory!  If you'd like that same victorious feeling, deep inside, where you're soft and pink (don't tell me you're not soft and pink inside, because everyone is, and I have the graphic crime scene photos to prove it)... where was I?  Oh, yes, feel victorious by participating in Flash Fiction Friday.  Don't murder people just to prove me wrong.

16 comments:

Max said...

Lexi, you give us *way* more than our money's worth. Great job, and I love the commentary too. You're right, #2 is very sad. Three fun pieces, thanks.

Here's to victory! :-)

Anonymous said...

oh Lexi...I love love love the first and last one! Especially the first! Speaking from experience...sweet sweet trucker love is something everyone should try ;) the heavy purr of the semi engine is such an aphrodisiac for me!

The Panserbjørne said...

As always, it's both a pleasure and a somewhat humbling experience to read your offerings. Pleasure, because I love seeing the way the words dance across the screen for you. Humbling, because it always seems so effortless in its execution (no matter how hard you ACTUALLY had to work on the pieces, they're consistently smooth as silk).

It's tough to say which of these is my favorite. I love the idea of the "lookin' for love" girl, but the sixteen-year-old virgin thing takes it somewhere I'm not entirely comfortable with. Piece two is a scene that probably plays out far too often (why DO people think it's a bright idea to "save" sex until marriage?), but was told so well it still sears. And the third one -- well, that one's just some straight-ahead drivin', V8-rumblin' fun.

Thanks again for joining us this week.

-- PB

Drenchxoxo said...

Trucker love! I wonder just how big that rig is. Not that size matters right? (coughs)

Great work on these as always.

Ms Scarlett said...

Well, I like 'em all!

Nicely done!

XO

Naughty Lexi said...

@Max: To victory indeed. And you should know by now, your money's no good here ;)

@Sephi: Like I said over on your blog, I think yours beats my third one handily for car arousal. And I can't speak from experience on trucker love; I've never had any. But I know you're into trucks, so I'm glad I could cater to at least one of your fetishes ;)

@PB: It's muscle memory; I don't write, my fingers just type words ;) Also, I never said our prospective trucker-lover was 16; I was legal by the time I got my license, I'm afraid. I'm not sure the second is about saving sex for marriage or simply attempting too hard to recapture something and failing; either way, it's sad but all-too-common.

@Drench: Once you get past four wheels, really, does it matter how big the cab is or whether he's certified for air brakes? ;)

@Ms Scarlet: No reason to pick a favorite; liking them all is perfectly acceptable ego stroking around here ;)

Advizor54 said...

I thought all three were a kick. The 2nd one was great, it captured a mood that was just enough off-center to keep it interesting until the end, especially since she was the one who seemed most upset about the non-consummation.

#3 made me laugh and I kept expecting it to end in a mechanic's shop with two friends discovering the joys of a shaky and out of balance cam shaft. But I too looked for where the gear shit was, just in case it was in the right spot for a cameo.

And #1 made me smile for whole different reason, you see, my brother was a long-haul truck driver and loved his CB radio. I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks for the stories and three fun takes.

Advizor54 said...

And just one more thought on #2. I didn't think they were newlyweds or long marrieds, I thought they were trying to have an affair but that reality and rings got in the way.

Either way, it was my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Definitely #3 for me, however I like them all, as always.

Naughty Lexi said...

@Advizor: I seem to write sad well. I'm not sure that was a laurel I was looking for ;) As to the CB, I recently saw a sitcom where three guys were trolling for tail on the CB and their prospective dates were Hot To Trot, Foxy Lady, and Nice and Easy. I think that may have influenced my selection somewhat. As far as the gear shift is concerned, either the car's a hydromatic or it has one of those gear shifts on the steering column; I can see the gear indicator on the dash so the second is plausible. It didn't seem to stop other people from talking about it though.

@Spring Flower: 3 was just plain fun. If I'd had to pick one entry to put in for the prize (what prize?) I might have gone for that one. Fortunately, I didn't have to choose.

Advizor54 said...

"Writing sad" without being morose or maudelin is a talent few people have, so it's a compliment. I think a lot of bloggers write sad because we have something going on in our lives that acquaints us with grief.

I like the other ones as well, but sometimes when I'm in a meloncholy mood, it's nice to see it captured well by others.

Anonymous said...

Max is right. You DO "give us way more than our money's worth". And I'm glad thank you. All three stories were very entertaining. Love that "trucker love" description. ;-)

Naughty Lexi said...

@Tempting Sweets: Okay, between you and Max, I'm starting to think that someone unauthorized is charging a cover to get in ;) Tell them to get lost, or at least give me a cut.

@Advizor: I just had an epiphany regarding what you said; I think they might be having an affair after all. Yeah, I know, I wrote it and I should know, but I think your reading might be better than mine ;)

Advizor54 said...

I would never assume to re-interpret the original meaning of your story, but the dynamic presented brought out the cynic in me and I just imagined them that way in my head.

I loved re-reading it after hearing the comments too. It gives me new ways to see all of the characters.

Unknown said...

I'm quite impressed with your flash fiction. Just enough detail to get it done, but not leave the reader wondering, WTF? I found your blog through TemptingSweets on WordPress. I linked your blog on mine so I could share it with my readers. I intend to peruse your site often. Bravo!

Naughty Lexi said...

@ssn: Welcome and thanks for the kind words. The linkwhore in me would like to thank you for being all link-y too ;)