Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toe Cramps

Just a short little thing.  Reading David's FFF yesterday with his "toe-cramping orgasm" led me to thinking about that, and I thought I'd muse briefly on the topic, since I've had them but never reflected on them.

A long time ago, probably during a TMI or something, the concept of toe-curling orgasms came up, and I said that my toes didn't tend to curl but rather to extend during a particularly enthusiastic O.  This is true.  My toes have great extension.  They get claustrophobic in tight shoes.

But I hadn't thought about the times when the toe-extension actually led to less pleasant things.  David was kind enough to point out that, while it's a great image, toe cramps during sex are less pleasant in reality, and the more I think about it, the more I agree.  Maybe there are toe-fetishist pain-sluts out there who dig toe cramp orgasms the most, but not me.  It pulls me out of the moment rather harshly.  Thankfully it's a rare occurrence.

Yeah, suddenly wincing and cursing while in the midst of an orgasm is bad enough, but when it drops you out of the bliss-cloud like a ton of just-about-to-multiple bricks, that's really bad.  And it's not fun for the partner either.  I remember once (a story which I would never have remembered were it not for this topic of discussion) I was deep into it with a guy, he was thrusting away, quite close to orgasm himself, and I was blissed the fuck out when another, big wave hit me and I came, hard.  I yelled I was cumming so hard, my fists clenched on the bedsheets, my legs spread in as close to a split as you're likely to get me, just wanting him to fuck me into a frenzy, and then, all of a sudden, without me noticing, my foot did whatever it does to extend those toes a bit too far and wham, pain shoots up my leg and I went from wailing "Yes!" to wailing "OW!"

It shocked him out of his state of almost-orgasm too, and he pulled out, which just made my situation worse, and sat on his haunches looking concerned while I rolled around trying to escape the shooting twinges from my toes.  Eventually I recovered, but he was terrified that he'd hurt me, and even after I explained that it wasn't him at all, that I'd been having a great time, he was flaccid and forlorn.

But here's the saving grace of toe-cramping orgasms; I give credit where credit is due.  If you can get me to cum so hard that my feet lock up, even though it might suck right then, I think you're doing such a great job that I will show my appreciation.  It's like proving how good you are by making me miserable for a second, and while that's pretty fucked up and I'm happier if someone proves how good they are by making me multiple over and over again until I can't take any more, it's not all that different.  Getting me to cum until I just can't stand cumming any more is hard too, and that's not exactly fun at the end.  I'm begging for the pleasure to stop.  It doesn't happen often at all, but when it does, even if I kind of feel like too much of a good thing at the end, I will reward you.

So once I established that he was great, that it wasn't his fault, that I was really sorry for going off like that, and that I wasn't leaving until he felt as good as I had, things began coming back to life and after that fairly major hiccup, we got back to the deed.  I didn't cramp my toes again (mostly because he was behind me at that point and I tend not to extend my toes when I'm being fucked from behind) and I let him cum inside me, three times as it turned out.  I let him fuck my ass and switch to my pussy, I let him take me any position he wanted, bareback, and I stayed in bed with him after and slept there so I could get some morning loving.  Not a bad night, certainly better than it would have been had I not gotten a cramp.

I guess what it boils down to is that it's a sign of quality, even if at the moment it happens it's a pain in the foot (or feet; usually it's just one foot, but once or twice I've had both feet going, which tends to bring things to a standstill for longer).

So thanks David for bringing this up in my mind.  I wish there was a way to experience it without experiencing it so hard, but until someone comes up with a way or I turn into a pain slut, I'll take what I can get.  I haven't had one in a long time, which isn't to say that I've not been with people who couldn't give one to me, just that I haven't had one.  I don't really mind, but it was nice to waltz down memory lane.

6 comments:

Over&Out said...

I noted that line in David's FFF too. I got a vasectomy several years ago and for a period of about six weeks I'd get a shooting pain in my balls whenever I had an orgasm. I too often went quickly from "YES YES!" to "OW OW!" It was uncomfortable and freaked out my then-current lover. But it wasn't enough to make me want to abstain.

Naughty Lexi said...

I've heard stories of women getting cramps in their pussies when they came, but thankfully that's never happened to me. Your situation makes toe cramps sound minuscule by comparison; I've had thigh cramps before, but never in the moment of orgasm. I'll take pain-free any day, but oh the things we do to have sex ;)

Swinger Girl said...

My girlfriend gets toe and foot cramps when she has an orgasm every time.
Bigger the orgasm the bigger the cramp.
You know you did well if she has to jump up and walk it off.

Naughty Lexi said...

Poor girl :( That sounds painful.

Advizor54 said...

Depending on the position, I get calf cramps, but I think it's from hanging on the trapeze too long.

And, for real, I love being the bottom during 69, but my neck goes in to spasm unless i get a pillow under my head from the beginning.

:-)

Naughty Lexi said...

I'm willing to bet that most people get uncomfortable in certain positions. But I think the idea of cramps brought on specifically by the intensity of the orgasm is simultaneously fantastic as a literary device and annoying as shit in real life ;)