Friday, September 23, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday - Happy Jack

Hold me.

His arms were around her, pulling her close, out of the light which still tickled her pale skin. He was insistent, his hands laying claim roughly to her flesh.

Thrill me.

A shiver ran up her spine as his fingers sought her moistness. She arched her back, pressing herself further into his domination, begging to be owned, used, anything he wanted. Her breath came in gasps as he ravaged her fiercely, painfully.

Kiss me.

Her lips were wet with her own spittle as he finally gripped her and forced his tongue down her throat, hungrily devouring her, cutting off breath. She swam in pleasure in the darkness, eyes shut. She wanted to scream, in pleasure, pain, or both, but he took the breath away.

She should have expected what came next, but they never do. He looked down at her, still warm but unbreathing, and sighed, not in sadness but satisfaction. Her staring eyes didn't see him walk into the shadows again; they looked unseeing up as if accusing, or maybe longing for more.


First off, PB is back, and if you haven't shown him some love, do so now.

Secondly, I will collect the participants here (well, I've started collecting them from people who've said they were playing, but I'll try to catch others that fall through the cracks and also update the links to point to actual stories if I can), possibly not as quickly as I ought to, but as soon as I can (which will probably be Friday evening; mea culpa mea culpa). I'd use the linky gadget, but I don't have one. As a stop-gap, please check out each other's blogs (how smart am I, huh?). Also, if I eventually don't put your name on the list but you did participate, please let me know either by comment or email.

Our list of participants so far:

Thirdly, while I probably don't have to say this, the song I'm quoting is U2's Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me. It might take you back, it might make you cringe, or maybe you've never heard it before, in which case I have to ask what the heck you were doing in 1995 because they played it a lot. I am not over-fond of the song, but it came to mind suddenly, and in a blinding flash I knew I had to use it, and remembrance of Batman Forever be damned. It's not Batman and Robin, right? Right?

Fourthly, I wrote this out longhand because the only time I had for composition was away from my computer. I don't like writing longhand. Maybe that's where the violence sneaked in. I'm surprised I was able to read it after I wrote it. My handwriting is so bad it probably should be criminal. Anyway, I'm posting it pretty much unedited, although I didn't get lucky and had to subtract one preposition in order to make the word count even (such a harsh taskmistress am I). The preposition was "in" in case you were wondering.

Fifthly, the title is in reference to Jack the Ripper, in case you were wondering. The tone came from somewhere not entirely pleasant in my psyche. Maybe that portion of my psyche came up with the song too; I don't know about that. It's a better picture than my story, but since Saturday, I'm lucky to have written anything which wasn't sobbing.

I could go on and on about Jack the Ripper but I won't because frankly I've never found it that fascinating, at least not as fascinating as some people. Red Jack and I have never seen eye to eye, I guess. He's been more or less successful in the cinema and on stage, been seventeen or eighteen different people, and killed a strikingly small number of prostitutes when you think about it, at least in comparison to the bozos who populate prime time television. Nowadays, I'm sure he'd be on Doctor Phil talking about his upbringing.

Instead, I'd like to ask you to contemplate kittens frolicking in a meadow filled with daffodils and butterflies. Got that in your head? Okay, good.

15 comments:

The Panserbjørne said...

I think the main fascination for the Ripper case is not the number of women he killed, but the almost superhuman ability he had to get away with it. A hundred and thirty years later and we still have no real clue who it was.

Thanks so much for stepping in while I was incommunicado! I appreciate it.

-- PB

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the way you told the story and weaved in the song. Happy FFF!

Anonymous said...

It's been a challenging day and a f*cking horrible week. My FFF will be up shortly, though I didn't think it was going to happen. My computer refused to reboot for a bit.

-H

P.S. I, of course, will come back and read your story and comment.

Max said...

I like this take. There is a dark or menacing feel to this pic.

But now that I've read and enjoyed your post, all my thoughts from this point will be kittens and daffodils. :-)

Thanks for hosting this week, and Happy FFF!

Robert said...

Here's my contribution for this week. Loved the picture, easy to create a theme, thanks.

http://husbandtwomindssexually.blogspot.com/2011/09/flash-fiction-friday-923.html

Advizor54 said...

Thanks for writing another in a long line of good works, but for getting me all tangled up in my iPod as I looked for music.

Naughty Lexi said...

@PB: Yeah, I know it's that he got away with it, but with the rather primitive state of police work at the time... Okay, so fine, I admit it, I'm 400 years old and I was Jack the Ripper! There, are you happy! You've finally forced it out of me! Bet no one saw that coming. ;)

I'm honored to be able to fill in for you, and I'm so happy that you're okay.

@TemptingSweets: Like I said, it just came to me suddenly. I suppose the ending might not make quite as much sense if you don't know the last bit of the lyric though ;)

@HEDONE: I have read yours and posted a proper link now, so no worries. As I said, I was late getting around anyway. Stupid jobs ;)

@Max: Glad to hear it. Kittens and daffodils are so much more fun than murder.

@Robert: I've put you on the list.

@Advizor: I had no idea my little shake-em-up would lead you to such philosophical depths, but I'm glad it did :)

Advizor54 said...

You always make me think.

Word said...

After a day of listening to fantastic music I'm finally getting to read everyone's FFF.

I think you did a fine job with the song you chose. I did wonder for a second if he'd just kill her or if he was a vampire. Good story.

Naughty Lexi said...

@Word: I never said he wasn't a vampire, and I never said he was. That way I can please the Twilight crowd without feeling too tainted ;) No, he could be a vampire; I'm pretty sure there have been theories about Jack the Ripper and vampires before. Whatever you want.

Silly Mistress : ) said...

I really like your story, it's unique and thrilling!! ^^

Anonymous said...

Hello Lexi ;)

I posted last night and provided a ping-back, but I wanted to comment on your story...

I loved it! I really liked how you intertwined the lyrics into your story, as well as bringing some mystery into!!

xox
-Goldi

Hedone said...

Oh Lexi this was GOOOooood!

Nice set up with the song, and of course we figured the song :) I happen to like the song.

Thank you for hosting FFF this week and selecting a very appealing photo.

France said...

It's frightening, people hiding in the shadows... but certainly not kittens and butterflies!! :)

Naughty Lexi said...

@Silly Mistress: Hey, unique and thrilling... aren't my middle names at all ;) Thanks for the compliment.

@dangerousdelight: I have no idea how to deal with pingbacks, but I've put you up on the list. Web 2.0 and I have a fitful, sometimes abusive relationship. Glad you liked the story; I tried to use the lyrics in a way which wasn't just quoting them, since I was the one who came up with the silly challenge in the first place ;)

@Hedone: Aw, thanks. I didn't think it was that good. Maybe four Os, not seven ;) I don't hate the song myself, though I confess that I like Weird Al's version of it. Yes, I know, the shame, the shame ;)

@France: I like kittens and butterflies. Well, more kittens than butterflies, I suppose. I just didn't want to be a total downer ;)