Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dash of Happy - Hugs

France is awesome. And she speaks French. And sexy. So very sexy. Where was I? Oh, yeah, so she started doing Dashes of Happy, and while I haven't been all that happy of late, I thought I'd post on a Saturday because it's raining and I'm dead tired.

You want to be happy? Give someone a hug. I'm not demanding perversion or sexuality or even deep and abiding love. Nor am I demanding beaming happiness, chipper smiles, or much of anything else. But you want happy? Hug someone.

Do it properly. Don't just gingerly fold one arm around them, trying hard not to make too much contact. Both arms. Full contact. Again, this isn't about rubbing up against someone (although I'm not saying it can't be), it's about being present in someone else's space. It's about being there with them, for them. You don't have to say anything. Just give someone a hug today. They'll be happy, and you'll be happy.

9 comments:

Ebony Panther said...

It also helps if you can pick them up, hold them, squeeze them like your life depends on it, & whisper in their ear "everything will be ok. I'll always be with you" & mean it. I'm 3 states away from you so I'll just have to do it virtually. Hang in there. Things will get better soon.

Anonymous said...

I love hugs... well from the right persons. But hugs are a great idea for a 'Dash of Happy'. ;-)

Naughty Lexi said...

@ebony panther: You sound like you know how to give hugs. Most people have to leave off the "picking me up" part because I'm monstrously gigantic and it's just awkward, but everything else you've said, yes please :)

@TemptingSweets: I don't hug as often as I should. For a nympho, I'm really not all that touchy-feely. But I'll hug you virtually, and hope that I'm one of the right people :)

Advizor54 said...

I married in to a hugging family which was tough since my family was a strictly hands-off affair.

Since then, and I blame my wife, I'm a hugger, and I'm comfortable hugging her friends, especially the cute one, the other ones too, which once lead to the accusation of giving a "double hug" to a particularly attractive friend. (she did the double hug, not me...)

Hugs make me happy.

Ebony Panther said...

Ha! Yes, I do know how to give hugs...and so much more ;) Even at your height, all you'd have to do is wrap those legs around me as I lifted you. Oh, yes France is very sexy but so are you. Keep the faith. I'll always be with you.

Max said...

I couldn't agree more. Hugs are the best. They're good in so many different contexts. Perfect "happy" thought. :-)

Naughty Lexi said...

@Advizor: Don't blame your wife. Hugging is great. I'm not saying you have to hug everyone, but that they make you happy is a pretty good indicator that they're worth doing.

@ebony panther: Thanks hun :)

@Max: Hugs are the best. I mean, I love kisses, but they're not appropriate for all occasions.

France said...

I want to hug you. I love hugs!

Naughty Lexi said...

@France: See, happiness is a warm hug :)