Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Still TMI Tuesday, Damnit

For a few brief moments, it's still Tuesday, and I find myself actually able to write something, so here we go. I promise, something more substantive as soon as I'm able. Things... have been interesting. Also, a resounding continuation of the fuck-you-Blogger I gave last week. All must be new! All must be different! All must bow!

1. Name 5 things you did more of before social networking (facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.)?

  1. Spent time not wondering what the hell the point of "social networking" really is.
  2. Talked to friends who would actually communicate with me rather than assuming I'd just read their shit on Facebook.
  3. Spent time not wondering what the fuck the point of Twitter is.
  4. Spent time not reading invitations to see things I can't see because I'm not on Facebook.
  5. Watched about the same number of movies about Mark Zuckerberg (0).

Yeah, I'm not on Twitter or Facebook or Google+ or any of it. Other than the above, which is kind of catty but actually quite true, I can't think of anything. Seriously, Twitter? What the fuck?

2. Your house is on fire, what do you grab as you run out?

I throw myself into the flames because I couldn't deal with my house burning down. It's not that my life is things, or that my life would necessarily be over, but it's a pain I don't think I'm prepared to contemplate right now. I guess I'd grab my computer so there'd be some hope I wouldn't lose all my writing.

3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

I am on Tokyo time on Mars. I have no schedule. But I guess I'm more of a night owl than a morning person.

a. What time did you go to bed last night?

I didn't look at the clock. Late.

b. What time did you wake up today?

Early. Too early. Probably later than a lot of my readers who are all better people than I am, but it was way too shortly after I went to sleep. Dawn had yet to dawn.

4. A kid comes up to you and kicks you in the shin, what do you do?

There's been a lot of talk about punching this kid. Don't punch people. It's bad for your body to punch. If you're going to commit violence to this kid, you should probably kick back. Much healthier. Me, I'd probably curse and then grab said kid by the ear and drag him or her to see some authority figure. I don't hit children. Even if they start it. It's not a moral issue, it's an issue of having always been the big kid and hence always being in danger of being blamed for violence, even if not of my making.

5. What three things do you never leave the house without?

Keys, wallet, shoes. I guess. I don't know; I could probably come up with others. I have a purse but I don't use it much; it cramps my style. And I've left without my wallet before, or my keys. Not often. I can't even say, "Oh, I never leave my head behind, haha," because it's just not true most days.

Bonus: Name a place that you visited last week that you’ve never visited before. Briefly tell us about the visit.

I actually visited the theater at Sveta's college. She doesn't do theatre there, but she showed me around. It was nice, much nicer than it deserved to be. I had tech envy. Ah well. We can't all be winners.

No comments: