Friday, October 28, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday - The Call

Come to me. On wings of tenebrous gossamer, come to me. I hear your sweet music in the wind, in the gasp of rushes, in the sighs of trees. Come to me.

We will lay our heads on a pillow of shadow, pull cobweb blankets close, and fuck like wild things. Our blood will boil, our bones turn to dust, our flesh decay, in an endless embrace. Come to me.

And when morning pierces the veil, what will remain, the monster or the saint? I know what my money is on. Come to me, and you will be mine everlasting. You will be mine.


I have plans. They'll have to wait until tomorrow when I've slept, but there are plans afoot. Anyway, I managed to sneak this one in under the wire, rather than late as I expected. Other than an injunction to get your ass over to Flash Fiction Friday headquarters, I have very little to say about this one. Oh, except that because Blogger's image uploader wasn't working, I'm leaching off of PB at the moment. I hope to correct that shortly [EDIT: I have corrected this problem, bu still go to visit PB and see the absolute scads of people who are playing this week]. If the image doesn't show up, all the more reason for you to get over to PB's blog to see it.

13 comments:

Max said...

Who could resist this call? Lovely piece. :-)

Happy FFF!

Advizor54 said...

Your creativity always amazes me, your ability to paint the pictures with just the right words, i really do enjoy reading your work.

And good luck with the plans, what ever they may be.

my confirmation word below is PRICKS, seems appropriate for some reason.

Jack and Jill said...

A very intense and erotic story! I know what my money will be on as well! :)

And oh crap! I just realized that we've been leeching most of the meme images we've posted recently, rather than uploading them ourselves. It's mostly out of an effort to save time(i.e. laziness on my part), as including an image URL is slightly quicker and less labor-intensive than uploading. (Hey, we're still new at this!) I'd better go correct our recent posts.

-Jack

Naughty Lexi said...

@Max: Thanks hun; a bit of fluff as I try to work my way back into the routine.

@Advizor: Pricks eh? CAPTCHA-bot strikes again ;) Glad you enjoy reading my stuff. I always enjoy yours.

@Jack and Jill: PB is on blogger too, so it's not like they're going to charge him extra. I only post my own copies of the picture because I don't want to lose them should something happen.

Topaz said...

You make her call so alluring and give her a latent energy - I can't see the object of her desires resisting. Lovely.

Naughty Lexi said...

@Topaz: I confess, I'm not totally sure whether she's the one doing the calling, or being called to.

Anonymous said...

What an enticing call. Anyone would follow it. So called you're back, Lexi.

chloe said...

The call... whoever is calling, is irresistible. very creative and compelling.

Naughty Lexi said...

@TemptingSweets: I certainly would, and I'd probably wind up all zombiefied ;)

@chloe: Thanks hun :)

Anonymous said...

Just read my comment and see the mistake I made. I meant to write, "So glad you're back." not "called". I'm a little more awake now. *sigh*

Naughty Lexi said...

@TemptingSweets: I assumed as much. No worries :)

Word said...

Very well done. I like the voice this time. That alluring almost demanding tone. :)

France said...

Who can resist this call? Awesome work, as always. I like when your FFFs are a bit darker.