Sunday, July 17, 2016

School Days, Fool Days

Yes, I'm now stealing my blog titles from Squidbillies.

Peter writes, in a follow-up to the last post:

"What happened at school the next day?

...

I just wondered what your reputation/treatment was like at your school following your adventures."

It's  fair question to ask about many of my escapades, but after party promiscuity in high school in particular.

The thing was, I was not the popular girl in school.  I wasn't Catholic, which meant that pretty much everyone thought I must be worshiping Satan (this is true: I had a classmate ask me whether I worshiped Satan once because I wasn't Catholic).  I was a Jezebel even if I was demure and white as driven snow.

But it was complicated.  It pissed some people off.  The truly religious types who heard about it had usually already written me off, so it was just one more thing to add to the list.  But I was hardly the only girl in school who was a slut (and I use that term advisedly).  There were plenty of popular girls who were giving it away; the difference was that they were serial monogamists, rather than joyfully unfettered.  Quite a few poophole-loophole girls.  But also plenty of girls who would get drunk at parties (and they went to way, way more parties than I did) and wind up fucking the guy who would become their next "steady" at least until the next one came along.

It made me less popular among the girls, as a whole.  Some didn't care, and those were usually the people I hung around with.  But the popular, bitchy girls would try to slut-shame me a little, until it became apparent that I didn't give a damn and that I didn't really want to be part of their cliques anyway.  Which meant that they were just giving me free advertising.  I stole several guys from popular girls, but they didn't like me anyway.

It made me more popular with guys.  Yes, it's not the kind of popularity I should have been courting, and I wasn't really.  Because again, by the time I hit high school, I didn't give a shit about popularity.  I had friends, I had a few people who didn't like me, and most people just left me alone, which is what I wanted anyway.  But it did mean that I got propositioned more frequently.  Which, had I not been interested in being propositioned, would have been bad, but since I was, it was just fine.

I also don't want to sound like I would fuck anything on two legs.  Not at all.  I turned down plenty of guys.  It got me into trouble a few times, like if a guy came up to me and said, "Hey, I heard you let so and so fuck you in the ass on the last field trip; wanna let me stick it up your butt?"

"Not really."

"What, bitch, too good for me?"

And on from there.  Chances were good that I hadn't let so and so fuck me in the ass on the last field trip anyway (rumor becomes legend awfully quickly).  But some guys don't take no for an answer.  Fortunately I had support from friends and managed to make it out of high school without being actually raped, although I was certainly close a few times.  And there were a few times which might be considered rape, except I basically just took one for the team of not having to deal with this asshole any more.  Again, I'm not saying it was right or that anyone else should learn from my example here or otherwise.  But I view sex differently than a lot of people, I know, so to me, saying, "Fine, let's do this," even when I really didn't want to is more along the lines of not getting to pick which pizza topping we get and having to settle on pineapple.  I don't mean that to diminish rape in any way, but certainly at the time that's how I felt and it never really bothered me to throw what was basically a pity fuck their way, since they obviously weren't going to get it anywhere else.

Basically, it didn't affect me as much as it might because I didn't really care whether people thought I was a slut.  And being a slut wasn't keeping me from joining the country club because I didn't want to.  If that makes sense.

Looking back on it now, I would like to say that I would have done things differently.  It wasn't wise, from the standpoint of not being raped or not getting a terrible reputation.  And remember, I'm telling these stories about a fairly long stretch of time which, compressed, makes it seem like I was fucking every guy in school every day before lunch, when in fact I was still getting the vast majority of my lovin' at home.  Or outside of school.  Realistically, I might not even have been the sluttiest girl in school, just maybe less careful in hiding it or less caring that people knew.

But let's face it: I probably would have done the same thing, given what I know now.  I got to have plenty of good experiences, and a few bad, and that's life, right?

Of course, once I got to college it was totally different.  I went to a college which was about as far from Catholic school as you can get, and I was in no way the sluttiest girl there, probably by a long shot.  And no one really cared.  It was very liberating, in a way, because even if I had always felt that way, being around others who did was refreshing.  Walking in on people fucking in certain parts of the campus was no big deal at all.  Hooking up at a party was almost expected.  Not being monogamous, for both men and women, straight and gay, was perfectly fine.  No one really judged.  At the same time, there were plenty of people who didn't do that, and they didn't judge either, which was also nice.

Anyway, that's sort of a roundabout way of talking about it.  To answer the specific question, after that particular event as detailed in the last post when I fucked several guys at a party, I became slightly more popular with the group they were part of, "dated" one of that group (although strangely none of the guys with whom I had been that evening) for a little while, broke up the couple who barged in after (because of course I did) and really just kept on keeping on.  There was plenty going on at that party.  I'm pretty sure two drunk girls made out, which was the talk of the town the next day, showing you just how strange priorities were.  Four guys were fucking me at once, but two drunk chicks kissing was the headline.

No comments: