Tuesday, April 12, 2022

TMI Tuesday - Love and Money

From the TMI Tuesday blog:

1. Could you fall in love with and set up home with someone who has $100,000 (usd) in debt?

The heart wants what it wants, so falling in love with someone with that level of debt would be easy. Setting up a home? I mean, we'd never be able to afford a home. That much debt basically sticks to you for life. We'd make it work. Fortunately Sveta and I are just poor, not terribly debt-ridden.

2. Is it important for you to be the breadwinner or make more money than your significant other?

Not at all. I'd be a kept woman in a heartbeat. As it stands, I am the primary breadwinner at the moment, but if Sveta wants to get some high-priced job and make my work completely unnecessary I'm all for it. I have a feeling that this is addressed to the men in the crowd a little, since men tend, in my limited experience, to have more problems with not being the primary breadwinner. That's not all men, understand, but I think men are more culturally conditioned to care. I might feel slightly guilty if I weren't contributing to the well-being of the family at all, but I'd still be cool with being a kept woman.

3. Are you happy with your chosen career path? What could be better?

I'm not unhappy with it except in as much as it means I'll be poor and never be able to retire. The money could be better. The hours are just fine, thanks.

4. Would you start a business with your significant other? Why or why not?

Probably not, mostly because I don't think it's healthy for the relationship. Sometimes you've got to have business-partner talks and I don't know that I could separate myself like that. It's definitely a "me" issue, not a "partner" issue.

Bonus: Can money buy you love?

Nah. Money can buy lots of things which make love easier, maybe, but I love who I love and money has very little if anything to do with it. I think money can certainly make life easier, and I would totally love to have some more money, but I'm not going to become a gold-digger or whatever.

Please ask questions. I'm tired of being not smutty.


No comments: