Friday, March 23, 2007

Swingers

Sometimes I wish I were married, not because of the relationship, but because it would let me join a wife-swapping party. It's a fantasy I've had pretty much since I learned about them. There's something about it which really turns my crank.

It's not the same as sharing a partner with someone else, a good friend or family member or whatever. It's not even the same as an orgy or a foursome. There's something that makes it even kinkier because you're basically stepping into someone else's marriage and letting someone else step into yours.

I'd thought about pretending, you know, finding someone to pretend to be my husband and seeking out a bunch of swingers. For one, they're not easy to find; they don't exactly advertise on TV, and all the websites seem like scams to me. I don't know, maybe they aren't. But even if I could do it, it wouldn't be the same because the guy I went with wouldn't be my husband, he'd just be some guy.

I guess there's jealousy involved too, and if I were actually married maybe I'd feel differently. I don't think my parents ever went to wife-swapping parties, per se. But I don't get jealous if my mom and dad want some time alone, and my mom certainly doesn't get jealous when Dad and I make love, or when he makes love to another woman. I wonder if she gets the same charge out of it that I think I would. I should ask her some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has always been of deep interest to me, the whole "keys in the fishbowl" idea..lol.

Not sure if the reality would match my expectations, most swingers I have met are not exactly my sexual "type"...I guess you need to not have "types" to be successful at it...