Sunday, February 27, 2022

Interrupting

The other day, when we had a group of youngsters at work and they were much less supervised than I had expected, I managed to interrupt two of them in what they must have thought was a dark corner having some alone time. This meant that I came upon a youngster with his pants unzipped and his lady friend with panties around ankles, although they were hurriedly trying to pull themselves together and I don't know how far they'd gotten.

Situations like this always put me in a bit of a bind; on the one hand, I suppose that as a responsible adult the best thing for me to do would be to discourage continuance gently but firmly, but on the other hand I've been a youngster looking for a dark corner before. In this case they were all about assuring me that what I had plainly seen was not what was happening, until I stopped them.

"Kids, I'm not your mother," I said. "Do you have protection?"

They stammered something affirmative. 

"She's gonna get off too, right?"

He blushed about as red as she did and wouldn't meet my eye, but there was murmured agreement.

"Fine. I don't know where you're supposed to be, you don't need to tell me, but be back before you're missed, okay?" And I closed the door and left. They had found a dark corner, though I periodically check dark corners for reasons other than blue-balling youngsters, so I was pretty sure no one would interrupt them again, at least until I showed back up after a while to make sure they left.

And I was wound up as hell for the remainder of the day, wishing I had someone to take to a dark corner. But Aunt Lexi is a chill aunt, not a suicidal one, so I was in no way going to ask if they wanted company. When I got home Sveta barely got a word in edgewise before she was on her back on the sofa being eaten rambunctiously.

I don't know. Like I said, I should probably dissuade people from fucking in dark corners when I find them, just because what if someone else found them and it came out that I'd not performed my responsible adult duty? In places where I'm not the law in town (I may be very low on the hierarchy of the law at my job, but I'm still the law) I don't feel quite as responsible, but then I'm not responsible, usually.

In my younger days, had our ages been a little bit closer, I might have offered to join in. As it is, they got to get lucky twice in one day, I guess.

No comments: