Thursday, January 6, 2011

Laggy

I haven't been a good blogger this week. Part of it is the vacation routine, not worrying so much about time or day of the week or things like that. Part of it is that Sveta has to head back this weekend, so I've been trying to pack as much Sveta time in as possible. Part of it is my general lack of motivation, coupled with what may or may not be sickness or period or something else fun and exciting coming up.

I woke up this morning with a hangover, which would be remarkable even if I had been drinking last night, since I don't get hangovers all that often, unless I get really, really blitzed (and I haven't been that drunk in quite some time, I'm fairly proud to say). But since I haven't had anything alcoholic in a week (at least) I can't blame overindulgence. Perhaps dehydration from the total lack of atmospheric humidity in my house. We have old heaters that dry out the air something terrible, and it's very dry anyway. My nose bleeds all the time. Yeah, I'm sure you wanted to know that.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I have another gig, hopefully a lot less stressful this time, one with some fun people and the possibility of backstage shenanigans. Being around people usually helps my sex drive in any case, so since Sveta won't be here, I'll have plenty of pent-up lust to inspire writing. I'm trying to put a positive spin on Sveta not being here, of course, but I know she has to go back, and I'll make the best of it.

This weekend, it's possible that there will occur something worth reporting beyond the usual stuff, and if so, hopefully I'll be up to reporting it. If not, I'll think of something to do.

Tomorrow, Flash Fiction Friday, which I haven't even written yet but am going to get on as soon as I hit the Publish button down there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this can help, but here goes: I used to have a big old gas heater in a flat I lived in many years ago, and it dried out the air something fierce. The landlord told me to put a big pan under it, and keep it filled with water during the winter months. It worked like a charm! I passed this trick on to my mom, who had the same problem in her house, and she's kept a pan of water under her heater for the last ten years. It really works, and it's really easy.

- Papa Bear