Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Panties on the Brain

Reading The trouble with Victoria over on Lola's blog (although written by Mischievous Little Vixen) got me thinking about panties again, because I rarely need an excuse to think about panties. Seriously, I love the hell out of panties, wearing them or watching them or seeing other people take them on and off. I'm not completely sure why it is either; I don't care that much about clothes in general, but I'll buy panties to beat the band. Which is why the post struck a chord with me (go read it) before I realized something: I am not a Victoria's Secret addict at all.

I've been in there, sure. Even recently. But I rarely buy anything from them. It's the cost more than anything else, and while they may or may not be higher quality (I'm not sure they are, really) and they may or may not be more exciting (I think the name is what makes them exciting to a lot of people, like Frederick's of Hollywood, which is pretty shitty actually), they aren't enough to justify the price.

And they sell things other than underwear there now. It used to be going into Victoria's Secret was the closest thing to going into a sex shop you could get without going into a sex shop. Maybe it's that I can actually go into sex shops now, or maybe it's just that they've lost the allure.

But by the opposite token (and I reserve the right to be completely illogical here because I'm a girl and you can't do anything about it) it's like going into a store which only has exactly what you're looking for. There's no challenge to getting panties at Victoria's Secret. You go in and you're basically obligated to come out with panties. At least I am.

So I've bought bras there, because they have very nice bras. And panties there, because they matched, or because they were on sale. But I really like shopping for panties at places which don't specialize. I like finding exciting undies in department stores (because I've got to go there for some other reason, usually). Or even a big Wal-Mart-type store. There's the thrill of the chase there.

Now, I said all this because I just saw a pair of panties from Victoria's Secret that I really want to buy, and if I'm somewhere where there is a Victoria's Secret soon, I'm going in to see if they're on sale. Damn it. You can't stop me.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Of course, a shot of you in them would help us all envision some of that panty mystique that you're alluding to.

XO

Advizor54 said...

When I go shopping for my friends, I start looking at VS, but it feels cliche, so I move on to my new favorite, Target. Seriously cute stuff can be found and they are panties you can, and will, actually wear. Soft cotton, cute colors, great patterns, and a great price.

I bought some VS for a GF and she said she loved them, but asked for more stuff that she can enjoy. I asked what she meant, and she said, she wanted to wear "my" stuff everyday, so they had to be comfortable.

That being said, the "5 for 25" sale at VS can't be beat. Let me know when you are shopping next Lexi and I'll tag along and buy lunch.

Naughty Lexi said...

@Jim: I'll think about it. Thinking. Thought about it. No ;P Okay, not right now. But maybe at some point.

@Advizor: At $5 a pop, they'd have to kiss me first to make me think that was a deal ;) That's just not that cheap. I like bargain-bin panties anyway. I'll have to check out Target.