Friday, June 4, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Animate Matter

Spotlight by Marty Provost

“Animate matter only.” That was how they explained it. “The movies were right about that.”

“So I can’t take back any guns? What if I meet up with an evil traveler?”

But I was told no guns, no knives, no clothes, no nothing. Just me. Animate matter only.

Later, when they confessed that they really just wanted to see me naked, that the whole Temporal Bureau of Investigation was a fraud, I couldn't help feeling a bit stupid. Sexy, but stupid.


I had a certain amount of difficulty with this one, then suddenly I had it (and it's 81 words according to my count, so no spanking for me).  Could have been more sexyfuntimes, I'm sure.  If you think you can do better, why aren't you doing it?  Head on down to Flash Fiction Friday and beat the crap out of my silly ideas.  Go on.  I dare you.

9 comments:

Max said...

Sorry about that. ;-)

Agent Max, Temporal Bureau of Investigation

Evan D. Kaiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cala Gray said...

Awesome! Happy FFF!!:)

The Panserbjørne said...

Digging the science fiction twist! No doubt you'd look better as a sexy Terminator than Kristanna Loken did (gah, T3 was awful).

Thanks for playing this week! Enjoyed this one.

-- PB

Cate said...

Very nice SciFi twist. Clever girl!

Bisou,
Cate

Diable Incarne said...

Sounds Terminator-esque... *laughs*

Happy Friday.

Luna Mauvaise said...

LOL...I used to dare participants as well. Good luck with that! ;)

Happy FFF!

Naughty Lexi said...

Thanks everyone, glad you all enjoyed it. While I will admit that Terminator was a definite thought in my mind, I've actually spent more time than I care to admit thinking about time travel, which doesn't really come out in this story. But now that I've said it, I can feel better about it. And I will dare people to compete until I'm blue in the face, for all the good it may or may not do.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this challenge wasn't easy, but it's why it's called a challenge. :) Regarless, it's fun to see what we all come up with!!