Sunday, September 20, 2009

TMI Filler

Got it straight from the source this time (although I did go to Kara and Jessica's blog because I couldn't remember the address of TMI). Yes, it's not up-to-date. I answer these as I feel like it, not when they're created necessarily. I really don't want this blog to turn into nothing but a series of silly quizzes.

1) If you were to only live until the age of 50, how would you live your life differently?

I might waste less time. And that might mean that I had less sex. I might decide that I had to do my best to improve the world, or do my best to fulfill some goal, or something like that, and so I might prioritize better. Hell, I might do those things anyway. I try.

On the other hand, I might decide that I had to pack in as much sex as possible, and decide that and a few other things were what really matters. Sic transit gloria mundi, after all. And honestly, living to be 50 means I wouldn't have to worry about the years when the flesh might be willing but the body weak. I could see an upside to it. Not that I hate old people or anything, but burning out rather than fading away does have its appeals.

Or I might get depressed and do stupid things with the remainder of my time. Hell, that's the reaction my mortality [EDIT: the original here was "morality" which is a Freudian slip if there ever was one] often inspires in me, and just because I don't know the exact date of my death doesn't really matter.

2) Are you settling in your job/career?

Probably. I'm not particularly ambitious, and I don't want to be. I'd like to improve myself, make enough money to live, find my niche, and do some good. Beyond that, while fame and fortune are certainly wonderful things to dream about, I don't care too much if they happen. Happy is more important than "successful" in my book. But I am trying to break out of my current "settling" into what will probably be a new "settling" later on, but one which is more conducive to the previous.

3) Are you settling with your significant other?

Absolutely not... okay, I'm almost positive not. I do settle for some things, like meaningless sex, but as far as Sveta is concerned (and she's the closest thing I've got to a sig-O at the moment) I think she might be settling with me, not the other way around. I constantly feel like I don't deserve her, so I can't say that I think I'm settling if that's how I view her compared with me. I guess I could be incredibly picky and decide to trade up or something, but why would I want to do that? She's terrific, and she improves as we go down the pike, which is something you can't say about all sig-Os.

4) How important is your family?

Incredibly. Blood is most definitely thicker than water. They matter more to me than almost anything in the world. I am not being hyperbolic here. If Sveta learns about me and my family and she tells me that it's either them or her, I'll leave her. It's part of the reason it's hard for me to have a really serious relationship: I can't be with someone who doesn't accept my family. I'm almost positive that anyone with whom I'm serious enough will have to have sex with one or more members of my family. They're hard people to refuse, and anyone with whom I was that serious wouldn't want to refuse them. I have high standards in this regard.

5) If you caught a neighbor peeping in at you while you were naked or having sex, would you close the blinds? (assuming you live in a city and can see into other buildings).

This is a tricky one. If it was me and someone random fucking, I'd get off on them watching. I don't mind if people watch, really. Sometimes I get shy, but most times, if they keep to themselves in the next building over or whatever, I'm fine with it. On the other hand, if it's me and someone where we'd get in trouble (not just family but other circumstances as well, say Sveta for instance) I wouldn't want people watching because I don't want trouble.

If it's just me naked, hell, let them watch. I wander around the house and back yard naked all the time. I'm sitting at the computer right now, naked and playing with myself a little, with the window open for all to see. I don't go out of my way to be exposed, but I also don't really hide it. I'm not exhibitionist, per se, but I don't mind an audience.

No comments: