Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TMI Deadly Sins

Once again, back to the bin.

1. LUST: Besides your current Significant Other, for whom do you lust or have you lusted?

See everything I've ever written on this blog, plus anything I'll ever write. Lust is definitely my deadly sin. A catalogue of even the highlights could take years.

2. GLUTTONY: What food brings out your inner glutton?

Chocolate. Absolutely. I like other food, but I could eat myself to death on chocolate if I broke down.

3. GREED: What are you greedy for?

Sex. Money (I'm not proud of that, sure, but I don't have much so I pinch pennies and wish I had more even though I have more than many people, I'm sure). Attention (I try hard to keep this one under wraps, but I can't lie and say I don't like attention). Approbation.

4. SLOTH: What is your plan for an ideal day of sloth?

To be able to actually sleep through an entire day, like the dead, no waking up because things hurt or having to go to the bathroom or eat or anything, not because I'm sick or exhausted, just to lie in bed and be asleep for a whole day and miss it completely, without realizing it, without worrying about it. I'm sure you were expecting something sexy, but really, I just want to sleep through it.

5. WRATH: Describe a time that you opened up a can of whoop ass on someone.

No thanks. I'm not proud of losing my temper, and because I've always been bigger than the other kids, I sometimes do things which I don't mean to be violent but which people take as violence. I don't like violence. I might contemplate it, even do it, but I don't like dwelling on it.

6. ENVY: Whom or what do you envy? Why?

I envy lots of people. I don't think it's unhealthy to envy, unless envy turns to hatred. I can say, "Gee, I wish I was a bit more like X," without wishing for X to fail or become a bit more like me. It can be a raising experience, a desire to raise the joint standard. But some people take envy and wish, instead, "Gee, I wish X were worse than me." That's not healthy. Maybe I'm not using envy the right way. But I do wish I could be like some people. I envy looks, or attitude, or success. It comes from not being completely happy with myself, I guess. But if it makes me strive to improve myself, I don't see the harm. Or rather, I see less harm in it than if it made me strive to destroy others.

7. PRIDE: Have you ever had to swallow your pride? What are you proud of?

Yes, I have had to swallow my pride. Also, not a pleasant memory. I didn't start this blog to psychoanalyze myself, so fuck it, I'm done with that.

I'm proud of things I've done. It's a displaced pride, sure, because one should be proud of oneself, not one's accomplishments, but hey, I guess it's pride in oneself through one's accomplishments. Or something.

This was a really dumb one, and I'm sorry for that. Maybe I wouldn't have done it at all, but I'm running low on my backlog and there haven't been any other interesting memes I've seen recently.

No comments: