Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Filler Trivia

Okay, I saw this, theft was encouraged, and since I don't mind answering questions, even inane ones, I've decided to answer these.  I saw it on Beryl's blog, but it came from someone else, and so on and so on.  It's long, but what the hell.

1. First thing you wash in the shower? 

If I'm just taking a shower, with no funny business involved, I tend to wash between my legs first.  I don't know why, but I've always done it that way.  There's probably something that can be gotten out of that, but I don't know what it means.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?

I don't wear hoodies.  Never have.  I prefer hats.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?

Absolutely.  It was either Sveta or one of my parents, so I'm totally safe in saying that.

4. Do you plan outfits?

Sometimes.  If I need to wear black, obviously, or if I'm trying to coordinate.  But not often.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?

Achy.

6. What's the closest thing to you that's red?

My picture on the computer screen, probably.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?

I've had some wild dreams, but I don't tend to remember anything more than a vague impression of them being wild.  I don't mean wild enjoyable either, I just mean crazy.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?

Nope.  I could say that about most days.

9. What are you craving right now?

An apple-filled donut, which I don't seem to be able to get for love or money in this town.

10. Do you floss?

Not often enough.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?

Kimchi.  Absolutely my favorite thing which sounds like it should be really disgusting but is really great.

12. Are you emotional?

Fairly.  I try to keep it under control in everyday life, but I'm not always successful.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?

I had to write out all the numbers from 1 to 1000 once as a punishment.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?

Bite, which makes my teeth hurt, which is part of the reason I don't like ice cream cones.  I prefer to eat it with a spoon, and even then, I'm not a huge fan of ice cream.  Give me the stuff that goes along with ice cream any day.  Brownies, fudge, cookies, pie... yeah, all better without ice cream making them all soggy.

15. Do you like your hair?

I am fond of my hair, justifiably I believe.  Not that there's nothing I would change if I had a genie who could only grant hair-related wishes, but I'm satisfied with it for the most part.

16. Do you like yourself?

If I met me on a street corner, I would probably run in the opposite direction.  I don't know whether I like myself or not sometimes.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?

Probably not.  If he invited me, I'd probably decline in protest or something similarly idealistic.  On the other hand, I might.  I don't like his policies or his philosophy, such as it is, but I might go out to eat with him just so I could fling my drink in his face at a dramatic point.

18. What are you listening to right now?

At the exact moment I'm writing this, nothing.  My brain is always playing music for me though.

19. Are your parents strict?

Depends on your definition.  In some ways, definitely.  They were not permissive about many things.  I didn't get my driver's license until I was way older than my peers, my parents didn't let me have booze under age, or throw wild parties, and I was always supposed to be supervised when they were out of the house.  In other ways, of course, no, but there are reasons for that.

20. Would you go sky diving?

It'd be hard.  I'm not a fan of heights and I don't know if I could bring myself to jump.  Actually, I'm also not a fan of planes, so getting up there would be tough too.  But I do love the idea of flight.  It'd be hard.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?

Not really.  It's like ricotta, which I also don't like.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?

A few minor ones.  No one worth mentioning.

23. Do you rent movies often?

I don't rent, I take out from the library, but I do that frequently, yes.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?

No, not that I can see.

25. How many countries have you visited?

Just the one I'm in right now.

26. Have you made a prank phone call?

Oddly enough, I don't think so.  It never struck me as being all that funny when I was a kid, or maybe it's the parental strictness thing.  I don't like phones anyway.

27. Ever been on a train?

Many times.  I like trains; they're a fun way to travel.

28. Brown or white eggs?

Who gives a fuck?

29. Do you have a cell-phone?

Nope.  Occasionally I wish I had one, but not enough to warrant paying for it.

30. Do you use Chap Stick?

Regularly.  Got to protect those lips.

31. Do you own a gun?

I own a pellet gun.  If I wanted a gun, I could easily get one from family sources, and I've fired guns many times, but I don't want to own one.  Target practice is fun, but guns are dangerous.  I'd love to get back to the shooting range again sometime.

32. Can you use chop sticks?

Maybe not like a native, but I can eat reasonably well with them, including rice and noodles, the bane of the chop stick beginner.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?

Nobody.  I'm so alone.

34. Are you too forgiving?

The question raises an interesting philosophical point, which is whether or not it is possible to be too forgiving.  Does forgiveness get me into trouble?  Yes.  Does it sometimes cause me to question myself when that isn't needed?  Definitely.  But is forgiveness ever bad?  I would say no, forgiveness is never bad.  Forgiveness doesn't imply absolution, just that you do not harbor hate in your heart for someone because of something they've done.  Universal forgiveness is a saintly quality I can't even hope to achieve.  I forgive people as often as I can, but that doesn't mean I trust them ever again or that I take them back.  And then there are a few people whom I don't think I can ever forgive.  My cross to bear, that.

35. Ever been in love?

Absolutely.  Still am.

36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow (or the next soonest week day)?

Working, probably.

37. Ever have cream puffs?

Yes.  I didn't care for them.

38. Last time you cried?

There was a sappy moment in a show I was watching yesterday which made me tear up.  But for really crying, you'd have to go back to last week when I was having a bad day.

39. What was the last question you asked?

Hell, I don't know.  I'm answering questions here, not asking them.

40. Favorite time of the year?

That's a tough call.  I like certain things about all times of year.  Possibly winter because I prefer cold, but I like being able to go outside without bundling up like a polar explorer too.

41. Do you have any tattoos?

No.  I might someday get one if I nut up and get over my fear of needles and tattoo parlors.  But probably not.  Maybe I'll let Sheri talk me into getting one one of these days.

42. Are you sarcastic?

I've never been asked that question before, let me tell you.

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?

No.  Not really ever something I wanted to see.

44. Ever walked into a wall?

Yes.  All the time, actually.

45. Favorite color?

I like black, red, and purple.  Dark colors.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?

Oh yeah.

47. Is your hair curly?

In humid weather, it gets curl and body, but I don't know if I'd qualify it as curly.

48. What was the last CD you bought?

One of Chevelle's albums, I believe Sci-Fi Crimes.  I have bad taste in music, I'm afraid.

49. Do looks matter?

I won't lie.  Yes, they matter.  But not enough.  Looks can make a good thing better, or make a good thing easier to approach and become acquainted with, but in the end, it's not the looks that keep, it's the rest of it.  I've fucked a fair number of good-looking people, but I didn't stay with them because they weren't anything but good-looking.  I'm shallow on the surface, I guess.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?

Depends.  It helps if a cheater asks for forgiveness.  If they don't ask, then probably not.  Beyond that, it's a matter of what kind of cheating.  In some relationships, cheating is an emotional thing, not a physical one.  I find it fairly easy to forgive physical cheating, although again, forgiveness simply means I don't hold it against them any more, not that I want them back.  Emotional cheating is harder to forgive.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?

Only because the base charges are ridiculous.  I rarely use the phone.

52. Do you like your life right now?

Not tremendously in some ways.  In others, it's great.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?

I wish I could, because that's a really good way for me to fall asleep.  But I don't have a TV near my bed.

54. Can you handle the truth?

If I say yes, then I'm lying.  But if I say no, then I can obviously handle the truth, so I'm still lying.  What sort of truth are we talking about here?

55. Do you have good vision?

I might someday need glasses for reading, but my vision is pretty good at present.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?

Yes.  Most people I hate are impersonal to me, not people I actually know.  Impersonal hate is fine.  Personal hate, on the other hand, is poison, but I think I might still dislike more than three people I know personally enough to fulfill the requirements of this question.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?

As infrequently as possible.  Mostly to Sveta.

58. The last person you held hands with?

Sveta, definitely, although I can't remember the exact circumstances.  I don't hold hands with Mike or Dad.

59. What are you wearing?

Cotton bikini bottoms, in blue and pink stripes.  Aside from that, sweet fuck all.

60. What is your favorite animal?

I like dogs and have known many fine dogs, but I love cats.

61. Where was your favorite picture taken at?

I don't have a favorite picture; despite my desire for exhibitionism on the blog, I actually hate personal photos.

62. Can you hula hoop?

I lack the coordination.

63. Do you have a job?

Yes, such as it is.

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?

A DVD.

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?

Yes, I used to live on the ground floor in my dorm and I would always go in and out the window.  It's fun.

Now, that was long, and the only way I can keep from having to do things like this when I have nothing more interesting to do is for people to ask me more interesting questions.  I'm very approachable.  The more specific, the better, because I'll be honest, I'm not going to answer a question like, "What's sex like for you?" unless I really feel up to it.  I am happy to try to direct you to the answer if I've already answered a question, though.

2 comments:

SlowBurn said...

I feel I've learnt a lot about you and nothing. If I saw you on the street, I'd stop ad chat. I bet you're the smiley type! Hope you don't walk into the wall running away from me. Anyway, I've got a lot of reading to do on your blog to catch up in the meantime. My brain feels scrambled, but I enjoyed reading that. Thanks

Naughty Lexi said...

I smirk a lot. If you ever find one of these Q/A memes which tells you everything you need to know, don't send it to me because I'd be scared to answer it :)